- Expired: November 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Area Manager is responsible for all aspects of achieving area production targets. The Area Manager has oversight of Operations, Fitness and Sales within their personal Home Club and allocated clubs. This position also manages team member performance including, but not limited to performance management and team development while maintaining a positive work environment.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Coordinates guest experience that delivers sales in all assigned gym locations based on target goals.
- Advises General Managers concerning membership, operations and fitness.
- Analyzes sales statistics to recommend sales strategy and to assist gyms in promoting sales.
- Represents Gold's Gym DC Metro in the community and at industry association meetings to promote product.
- Holds meetings to encourage and develop member and team member experience.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of Area to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing potential sales for membership & services
- Coach and develop team based on performance, engagement and any other variables via coaching either verbally or through formal disciplinary action and documented coaching records as well as Performance Improvement Plans.
- Oversees designated gym budgets.
- Works with company leadership on Capital Improvement Plans and Budgets as well as P&L Reviews.
Will spend a minimum of 2 days per week supporting non home clubs to complete an inspection with the General Manager and ensure consistency in product, as well as adherence to policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required or applicable related experience of at least 5-8 years.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of gym operational and sales leadership experience.
- Multi-unit experience in a District Manager or Sr. General Manager capacity preferred.
- Proven success in service and sales performance in a multi-unit environment preferred.
- Must model Gold's Gym DC Metro core values of attitude, teamwork, judgement and accountability
- Possess good leadership qualities.
- Possess strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Be self-motivated and strong organizational and sales skills.
- Ability and experience in effectively motivating and managing a staff of employees.
- Must be able to take direction and adhere to Company polices.
- Must be willing to learn and adhere to new systems and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of all software programs that are utilized with in Gold's Gym DC Metro.
- Ability to compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markup, and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentage.
- Ability to prepare business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Ability to participate in panel discussions and to speak on a variety of subjects.
Golds Gym DC Metro Area
1101 Connecticut Ave NWWashington, DC
Get fresh Area Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.