We have a mission to teach kids how to swim and be safer, in and around the water, while making their experience GOLDEN! We desire to maintain a “get it” mentality, a “want it” attitude and the “capacity” to learn and grow professionally and personally. That is “why” we smile!
Goldfish Swim School Core Values:
- We go above and beyond with every detail to create a GOLDEN EXPERIENCE!
- We believe in nurturing a culture that provides WOW! CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- We do the right things, make the right decisions and treat people with INTEGRITY, COMPASSION, and TRUST.
- We meet and exceed expectations, so you see EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS.
- We make a big deal about life’s accomplishments by remembering to CELEBRATE!
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Manages assigned shift including supervision of on-deck employees, maintenance of pool environment and interaction with students and parents/guardians. Exhibits expert-level knowledge of all levels of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of Goldfish Swim School management policies and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, discipline and constructive feedback to instructors and deck teachers to ensure quality delivery of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings and prepares the deck for the shift.
- Conducts periodic evaluations of instructors and deck teachers.
- Interacts with parents/guardians to discuss student progress.
- Acts as a Goldfish Swim School “ambassador” to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Completes daily Deck Supervisor logs on assigned shift and monitors the students’ attendance.
- Coordinates tasks required to ensure the cleanliness of the pool facility.
- Arranges for replacements for absent employees.
- Maintains the appropriate levels of chemicals for the pool environment.
- Acts as substitute swim instructor when necessary.
- Suggests areas for improvement and implements corrective action through in-services or other training.
- Participates in training/in-services as required.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required. Training is available upon hiring.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Compensation: $12 - $16 an hour
Des Moines Swim School LLC is a learn-to-swim facility for kids ages 4 months to 12 years. Our proven confidence- building curriculum promotes a love of swimming and teaches children to be safer in and around the water. For additional information see goldfishswimschool.com
NOTE: The information within this posting is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change.
Des Moines Swim School LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Goldfish Swim School - Urbandale