Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Promotes and maintains a safe and organized pool environment. May serve as a substitute swim instructor, therefore, the position may require the ability to teach assigned levels of swim classes. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Maintains attentive position in the pool area at all times by walking and/or sitting while actively scanning the pool and pool area.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents or casualties, makes rescues and administers first aid/CPR when necessary.
- Provides assistance to students and teachers as needed.
- Acts as substitute swim instructor when necessary.
- Inspects pool area and lobby looking for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage problems and reports problems to management as appropriate.
- Participates in training/in-service as required.
- Assists children to the restroom when needed.
- Occasionally makes announcements in lobby area, calling parents and children in to the pool area for lessons/ lesson observation.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor, and/or child care provider is strongly preferred. Swimming experience preferred.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Certificates and Licenses: CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard certification required.
Goldfish Swim School - Shoreline