Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress. Completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills. Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving/creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork
- Performs deck teacher duties as needed.
- Occasionally performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc.
- Occasionally required to attend in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor, and/or childcare provider required.
- Two or more years as a swimming instructor required.
- Swimming experience preferred.
- 15+ years of age or older
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Goldfish Swim School - Rockland