Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Deck Supervisor
Reports to: General Manager/Assistant General Manager/Pool Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Manages assigned shift including supervision of on-deck employees, maintenance of pool environment and interaction with students and parents/guardians. Exhibits expert-level knowledge of all levels of the GSS curriculum. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of GSS management policies and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, discipline and constructive feedback to instructors and deck teachers to ensure quality delivery of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings and prepares the deck for the shift.
- Conducts periodic evaluations of instructors and deck teachers.
- Interacts with parents/guardians to discuss student progress.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Completes daily Deck Supervisor logs on assigned shift and monitors the students’ attendance.
- Coordinates tasks required to ensure the cleanliness of the pool facility.
- Arranges for replacements for absent employees.
- Maintains the appropriate levels of chemicals for the pool environment.
- Acts as substitute swim instructor when necessary.
- Suggests areas for improvement and implements corrective action through in-services or other training.
- Participates in training/in-services as required.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Two or more years as a swim instructor required. Experience as a youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or teacher preferred. College degree preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Goldfish Swim School - Norwalk