We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership experience
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Reports To: General Manager, Assistant General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Oversees the quality and success of all pool operations including the management of the staff, maintenance of pool environment and interaction with students and parents/guardians. Maintains expert-level knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum and demonstrates thorough knowledge of GSS management policies and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, discipline and constructive feedback to staff to ensure quality delivery of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Interacts with parents/guardians to discuss student progress.
- Acts as a substitute Deck Supervisor, Instructor or Deck Teacher when necessary.
- Works hand-in-hand with the staff on varying shifts to help improve their skillsets.
- Completes written performance reviews of the staff, providing constructive feedback to help improve their performance as needed.
- Holds monthly meetings with the pool supervisors to go over performance reviews of the aquatic staff. Discusses items to address in workshops and in-services.
- Assists Management and Pool Supervisor staff in conducting workshops and in-service training.
- Conducts all the aquatic-based new hire training.
- Floats in the water at least one shift a week to ensure quality standards are being met.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Certifications: Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR required within 60 days of hiring - paid courses available.
Goldfish Swim School - Needham