Are you looking for a great job where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can make a difference, every single day? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree saltwater pool. We love our employees and reward hard work! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or anyone who wants to grab extra hours without working late nights. Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities also exist for the right candidate.
CLICK HERE to check out our website!
Start Date: December 2020
Job Title: Swim Teacher
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: Swimming experience preferred but not required - we will teach you! All training is paid and conducted inside of our own facility. High school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider required. One or more years as a swimming instructor preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certification preferred. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Goldfish Swim School - Gaithersburg