Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Promotes and maintains a safe and organized pool environment. May serve as a substitute swim instructor, therefore, the position may require the ability to teach assigned levels of swim classes.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Maintains attentive position in the pool area at all times by walking and/or sitting while actively scanning
- the pool and pool area.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents or casualties, makes rescues and administers
- first aid/CPR when necessary.
- Provides assistance to students and teachers as needed.
- Acts as substitute swim instructor when necessary.
- Inspects pool area and lobby looking for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage problems and
- reports problems to management as appropriate.
- Participates in training/in-service as required.
- Assists children to the restroom when needed.
- Occasionally makes announcements in lobby area, calling parents and children in to the pool area for
- lessons/ lesson observation.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Certificates and Licenses: CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard certification required. Certification opportunity may be available during training.
Goldfish Swim School - Edmond