We are looking for team players who are willing to go the extra mile in helping children become safer in and around the water. This is a high energy job that requires coming to work with a great attitude. This position does not require that you have experience teaching swim lessons. We will train you on our curriculum and program. Ideal candidates enjoy working with children, interacting with the public and have a passion for teaching and/or coaching. We provide paid on the job training, flexible scheduling, a rewarding work environment, and a one-of-a-kind culture that will make you smile too!
We are looking for individuals who share our Core Values:
- We go above and beyond with every detail to create a GOLDEN EXPERIENCE!
- We believe in nurturing a culture that provides WOW! CUSTOMER SERVICE.
- We do the right things, make the right decisions and treat people with INTEGRITY, COMPASSION, and TRUST.
- We meet and exceed expectations, so you see EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS.
- We make a big deal about life’s accomplishments by remembering to CELEBRATE!
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations
- CPR/First Aid certified (included with training)
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a Goldfish “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Certificates and Licenses: CPR/AED and First Aid certification required (provided by us). Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Goldfish Swim School - Boise