Front Desk Representative
- Expired: November 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have a mission to teach kids how to swim and be safer, in and around the water, while making their experience GOLDEN! Working for Goldfish Swim School will allow you to provide children and families with necessary life skills to combat the ever growing drowning statistics. Whether you are in the pool leading instruction for our swimmers or warmly greeting our members in our tropical lobby as a front desk representative, you are making an impact.
About Goldfish Swim School:
Goldfish Swim School has been an industry leader in the swim lesson community since 2006. Our team is growing, and we are looking for team players who are enthusiastic, have a can-do perspective, and enjoy working with kids. We provide paid on-the-job training, flexible scheduling, a rewarding work environment, and a one-of-a-kind culture that will make you smile, too!
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High energy
- Strong work ethic
- Must pass background examinations prior to training
Job Title: Front Desk Representative
Reports to: Assistant General Manager – Dry Side
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Promotes quality customer service and processes sales and registration transactions. Acts as the first point of contact for potential and current Goldfish Swim School members and as such is responsible for presenting a positive image for the company. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephones, responds to inquiries, takes messages and screens and directs phone calls in a professional manner.
- Conducts sales calls for prospective members.
- Processes student registrations using effective sales/customer service techniques.
- Schedules and manages birthday/pool parties. Supervises birthday party staff.
- Resolves customer concerns/complaints using a professional approach.
- Assists clients with purchases of merchandise and vending.
- Greets parents and students as they report to the front desk. Checks in students on the attendance tracking system.
- Maintains cleanliness of the front desk area, snack shack area, changing areas, restrooms, and observation area.
- Updates informational displays with accurate and timely promotions and literature.
- Makes collection calls to resolve open account problems.
- Prepares twice daily student lesson schedules for use by instructors and management staff.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Administers first aid when necessary.
The safety of our swimmers, parents and team members is of the utmost importance. Goldfish Swim School follows all CDC and WHO safety standards along with following any local guidelines. In addition here are some additional safety precautions and procedures we follow:
- Every shift has an on-staff cleaner to sanitize high touch areas in our lobby and pool areas
- Our pools are disinfected with chlorine to provide the safest swimming environment Sample Job Postings
- The CDC states that proper operation, maintenance and disinfection of the water with chlorine should remove or inactivate the virus
- Our state-of-the-art ventilation system allows fresh air to continuously circulate into our building, further minimizing the spread of any airborne virus
- Industry experts note that indoor pools are far superior at minimizing virus transmission than most indoor spaces
Goldfish Ashburn is a learn-to-swim facility for kids ages 4 months to 12 years. Our proven confidence-building curriculum promotes a love of swimming and teaches children to be safer in and around the water. For additional information see http://www.goldfishswimschool.com.
NOTE: The information within this posting is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change. Employee to fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer. Goldfish Ashburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Each Goldfish Swim School is an independently owned and operated franchise. The respective Franchisee is the employer at each Goldfish Swim School location. Each franchisee can set their own wages, benefit programs and terms and conditions of employment, which may vary at each Goldfish Swim School location.
Goldfish Swim School - Ashburn
TourismView all jobs at Goldfish Swim School - Ashburn