Senior CQA Technician
Golder Associates Richmond, VA
- Posted: February 19, 2021
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates is seeking a full-time CQA Field Technician for our Richmond, Virginia office. The successful candidate will conduct Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) observation and testing services for earthen and geosynthetic containment systems for a variety of local and national solid waste, coal ash, and mining containment facilities. Additional duties and responsibilities may include environmental sampling including groundwater, surface water and soils, supporting environmental or geotechnical investigations and other field related activities.
- Field testing and sampling of soil, aggregate and concrete materials
- Conducting field investigations and environmental sampling programs
- Geosynthetics monitoring and testing
- Construction observation and documentation
- Review and comprehension of construction specifications
- Document interpretation to ensure projects are completed in accordance with project design drawings and technical specifications
- Interaction with contractors and owners in a positive and constructive manner to solve issues that arise during construction
- Assist with other field activities as needed including but not limited to geophysical surveys, stormwater and groundwater sampling, surveying, etc.
- Participation and contribution to daily safety meetings
- Legal and safe operation of vehicle on behalf of the company
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience.
- The ability to perform all duties within established deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Travel, including travel for extended assignments is required.
- Daily report writing and construction documentation.
- The ability to communicate constructively with contractors, owners and Golder Project Managers is essential.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and walk up/down slopes.
- Must be able to work up to 12-hours outdoors in hot or cold environments safely.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Technical diploma or degree in a related discipline.
- Technical certification.
- Position will benefit from the understanding of civil and geotechnical engineering design and background in earthworks construction including the ability to read and understand technical civil design drawings and technical specifications.
- Supervisory experience
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.