At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Air Quality Specialist to join our California Operations Team in a Full-Time position in our Sacramento, Sunnyvale or Irvine office locations .
Golder Associates is pleased to offer an opportunity for an experienced Air Quality Specialist to join our engineering practice in the field of air quality. The person hired to fill this position will support US-based, mostly California, air quality projects. The Roseville Air Quality practice is predominantly supporting the Solid Waste Sector (landfill gas operations, monitoring, maintenance, and permitting) but supports other business sectors (Mining, Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Transportation, and Power) as the need arises.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform air pollution emission rate calculations for permitting, annual emission inventory reporting, and other regulatory reporting
- Prepare applications for air permits, predominantly in California
- Analyze LFG monitoring data in compliance with regulatory and permit requirements using modern programs and software
- Prepare regulatory reports of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Review air permits and regulations to determine applicability to projects
- Support development and implementation of compliance monitoring and reporting programs
- Assist with preparation of routine reports to clients communicating status of facility compliance
- Assist with preparation of regulatory reports to meet the requirements of California's Landfill Methane Capture Rule
- Support tasks to achieve compliance of landfill gas control devices with air pollutant emissions limits, including review of and guidance on testing protocols, procedures, and results
- Support project tasks related to air emission inventories, dispersion modeling, air pollution control technologies, ambient monitoring programs, and environmental impact assessments
- A minimum of a B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related engineering field
- A minimum of 2 years highly relevant experience in the field of air quality, including 1 year performing air permitting
- Knowledge of New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs), Federal Part 70 (Title V) permitting requirements, and Federal Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) Standards
- Knowledge of state and local laws and regulations pertaining to air quality in California
- Knowledge of industrial processes and emission estimation techniques
- Knowledge of landfill gas (methane) generation and control
- Knowledge of air pollutant dispersion theory and experience with dispersion modeling
- Written and verbal communication skills sufficient to communicate effectively with key client contacts and regulatory agency contacts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills demonstrated through past work experience
- A high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation with exceptional attention to detail and technical accuracy
- Experience with CAD, EQuIS, ArcGIS, and other electronic data management and reporting programs is highly desirable
- PE or EIT is highly desirable
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Air Quality Engineer
Other Locations: US-CA-SUNNYVALE, US-CA-IRVINE
Requisition ID: 19002131