Golden Valley Health Centers Merced, CA
- Posted: 20 days ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Golden Valley Health Centers is hiring for a Facilities Manager for our organization - the position is based in Atwater, CA.
The Facilities Manager, under the guidance of the Director of Facilities, will oversee maintenance, safety/ security, and shipping/ receiving departments. This position will require a highly organized individual.to oversee multiple projects and responsibilities. Attention to detail, knowledge of various regulatory requirements ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities is crucial for success in this position.
Schedule is Monday – Friday, working from 8:00am – 4:30pm
Based in Atwater site, but will work between San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Merced Counties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for leadership and supervision of maintenance department, including Maintenance Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving Clerk, and Safety/Security department.
- Responsible for assisting in all remodeling projects at existing facilities
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local regulations on facilities, including scheduling inspections on all fire related systems, and environmental/hazard regulations.
- Responsible for compliance of facility and related Joint Commission on Healthcare Accreditation (TJC) regulations and requirements.
- In coordination with Director of Facilities, develops policies and procedures related to area of responsibility.
- Oversees the Environment of Care for facility-related issues, including the development of policies and procedures relating to facility compliance with various different requirements.
- Maintains compliance with regulations over all clinics including, but not limited to, safety, security and ADA requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring the work product of the facility maintenance staff, contractors, including but not limited to janitorial staff, and overseeing that the contractor meets contractual obligations to our standards.
- May assist in risk management activities, generating data and reports.
- May be required to work at any satellite facility on an unscheduled basis.
- After hours response may be necessary to facility related emergencies.
- Annual budgeting activities surrounding facilities management.
- Review work orders to determine trends and establish proactive programs for problem resolution.
- Creation of work instruction and training programs in order to verify competency of the maintenance staff. Provide training to staff. Conduct quality audits to ensure that work meets accepted standards.
- Ensure vehicle fleet is maintained to required standards.
- Other duties and/or special projects assigned.
KNOWLEDGE: Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel), ability to draft documents, develop reports and presentations using applicable software. Knowledge of maintenance tools and practices, cleaning equipment, janitorial supplies, chemicals and their appropriate usage. Knowledge of existing local, state and federal regulations related to health facilities, construction, and environmental/hazardous conditions. Knowledge of contract bidding process (request for proposals, etc.) in order to expedite contractor evaluations. Knowledge of State/County/City building requirements.
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING ABILITIES: Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational abilities. Set priorities and manage time effectively; determines resources and actions required to accomplish objectives. Think and act independently, and take appropriate action. Adjust work schedule as special needs and/or emergency situations arise. Ability to handle and communicate details in a timely manner. Must be able to address multiple concerns and provide timely resolution in a cost effective manner.
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push up to 100 pounds (on wheels). Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to clients and staff. Must be able to have vision that is adequate to read memos, a computer screen, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents. Must have high manual dexterity. Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouching, reaching, kneeling, twisting/turning, fingering and feeling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually average to loud when working with certain types of equipment. Position does require work in the outside elements.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in facilities and maintenance operations required, including a minimum of three years as a supervisor or manager.
- Experience in managing multiple locations, with healthcare facilities experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with building maintenance, plumbing and electrical repair.
- Experience in negotiating contracts.
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable driving record, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance required.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation package, and tremendous growth opportunities! Come grow with us!
Golden Valley Health CentersWhy Work Here?
Growing medical organization offering generous benefits, competitive compensation, and making positive impact in the community!
Golden Valley Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center. With over 950 employees in 42 clinics and 12 dental centers serving a diverse population, we provide health care services to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Just a short drive from beautiful Yosemite National Park and a two hour drive from the Bay Area, GVHC is located in Central California. Affordable cost of living, access to national parks and outdoor activities, quality educational opportunities, and friendly neighbors are just a few of the reasons that make Central California a great place to call home. We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation package, and tremendous growth opportunities! Come grow with us!