Director of Compliance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Golden Valley Health Centers is hiring for a Director of Compliance for our Merced, CA location!
The Director of Compliance will lead the company’s compliance program, contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. In collaboration with Operations, Finance, Legal and HR leadership, integrates appropriate healthcare, corporate, privacy and other compliance controls and policies to guide the Company’s operations. Acts as the organization’s Compliance Officer.
Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of activities related to the laws, regulations, and policies that govern compliance, including but not limited to healthcare fraud and abuse, privacy, transparency reporting laws, Federal Anti-kickback Statute, Federal False Claims Act and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Coordinate, assess, and prepare the organization and its respective departments for HRSA operational site audits and Joint Commission site visits.
- Work with the organization and its departments to observe and comply and with the seven elements outlined in the U. S. Sentencing Guidelines for compliance programs, which are:
- Development and distribution of written policies and procedures
- Designate a high-level oversight
- Development and implementation of education and training programs
- Maintenance of a process for reporting exceptions - develop accessible lines of communication
- Developing a system to respond to allegations and ensuring uniform enforcement and discipline
- Audit, monitor, and report; and Investigation and remediation of systemic problems
- Development of policies or prevent further offenses and achieve continuous improvement.
- In conjunction with the Director of Risk management identify and assess areas of risk management; and develop and implement plans to reduce risk and maintain compliance.
- Collaborate on the design and execution of internal reviews, risk assessments, monitoring and auditing to ensure that compliance policies and procedures function as intended and the Company identifies potential compliance risks and remediates where necessary.
- Partner with internal (e.g., Legal and Human Resources) and external (e.g., outside counsel or investigators) stakeholders for the conduct and resolution of potential compliance investigations, including the management of any resulting corrective actions plans.
- Provide regular healthcare compliance related reports, presentations and other communications for multiple audiences in the Company.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Lift up to 30 pounds occasionally and push up to 100 pounds (on wheels) on rare occasions.
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to clients and staff.
- Must have vision with or without lenses that is adequate to read memos, a computer screen, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents.
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouching, reaching, kneeling, twisting/turning, fingering and feeling.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of tact and composure in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail, adaptability, communication skills and professionalism.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and act persuasively in sensitive situations.
- Strong organization and project management skills including ability to prioritize and multitask; demonstrated ability to utilize data to develop and implement strategic planning.
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. healthcare fraud and abuse laws, data privacy, federal and state disclosure requirements.
- Ability to apply a risk-based analysis to compliance issues and demonstrate creativity and flexibility in developing solutions that satisfy both business requirements and legal obligations.
- Valid CA Driver’s License with acceptable driving record, reliable transportation and CA liability insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or health care administration or related; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated progressively responsible compliance healthcare experience.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a Managerial or Director level compliance role, including multiple project management.
- Federally Qualified Health Center experience preferred.
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC), or equivalent; or attainment within six (6) months of hire of the position.
- Privacy officer experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leading or actively participating in healthcare compliance audits.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation package, and tremendous growth opportunities! Come grow with us!
Golden Valley Health CentersWhy Work Here?
Growing medical organization offering generous benefits, competitive compensation, and making positive impact in the community!
Golden Valley Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center. With over 1,050 employees in 42 clinics and 12 dental centers serving a diverse population, we provide health care services to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Just a short drive from beautiful Yosemite National Park and a two hour drive from the Bay Area, GVHC is located in Central California. Affordable cost of living, access to national parks and outdoor activities, quality educational opportunities, and friendly neighbors are just a few of the reasons that make Central California a great place to call home. We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation package, and tremendous growth opportunities! Come grow with us!