We are currently seeking experienced Directional Drill Operators & Locators to install underground conduit in a safe and effective manner. The operator must understand installation standards and proper installation requirements of the material being installed. The locating process uses the walk-over locating system; locators are an important role to an efficient drilling operation.
Directional Drill Operator Job Duties:
- Operates Ditch Witch drilling equipment / Locator uses Subsite locating equipment.
- Operates various equipment for general site preparation, landscaping, and related assignments.
- Performs daily inspection and routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Reads utility locates, coordinates potholing, and ensures the safety of existing facilities.
- Operates motor vehicles during travel to/from job sites.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Directional Drill Operator Requirements/Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-year experience in HDD.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must have understanding of the hazards and precautions of the trade.
- Positive attitude, hard work ethic, and a priority for safety.
- Must have basic computer skills to maintain bore logs.
- Valid driver license (Class A preferred)
- Climb up and down ladders, machinery, and other objects.
- Push, pull, reach, and carry objects such as tools, materials and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Load and unload tools and equipment on truck.
- Coordinate movement of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet.
- Vision including depth perception, close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- All work is performed at remote locations; driving and sitting are required.
- All work is outdoors, subject to inclement weather conditions.