Operator Driven Reliability Leader (Food Manufacturing, CI Experience)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: A key leader responsible for broad ODR (AM) progression across the site, including the execution of the ‘Base Condition’ management plan. Coordinates planning and scheduling of equipment restoration to ‘Base Condition’. Hands on leader taking teams through the ODR step methodology, building capability of Operators and Mechanics to sustain improvements and systems.
1. Plays a critical role as a site ODR (AM) pillar member, including planning and execution, able to strategize at the site level, coordinate at the supervisor level, and to coach at floor level. Responsible for the execution of the ‘base condition’ management plan for the site, this includes conducting detailed assessments of machinery with technical support.
2. Develop, coach and audit equipment standards, including Centerlines (CL), Clean-Inspect and Lube (CIL), Preventive Maintenance, defect handling (DH) and rate improvement.
3. Owns and ensures calibration across the site on ODR systems & standards. This includes the step methodology audit tools & process, ODR Daily Management Systems (DMS’s), and other ODR systems in support of progression (e.g., reapplication management, partnering with the continuous learning pillar on OPL management).
4. Leads the site through the development & implementation of Equipment Ownership, including operator capability to own equipment, standard tools / reporting (i.e., the equipment owner book standard), and leadership capability to coach effective equipment ownership.
5. Personally lead, facilitate, & coach teams through ODR Steps 0-3, delivering training to associates to build capability & qualifying others to be able to lead the step process as the journey progresses.
6. Supports ODR teams as they seek to reduce losses & make improvements through equipment design work. This includes benchmarking with other plants and aligning on standard design improvements.
7. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Degree required from an accredited college; an engineering degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-year experience as a production or maintenance supervisor, preferably in a mature TPM / IWS environment.
- Participation in & understanding of daily directional setting (DDS) / Operational Reviews from floor to plant level.
- ODR(AM) / PM pillar experience preferred, i.e., ODR steps 0-3 and PM steps 1 and 2 methodologies.
- Systemic results improvement through leadership of people & ownership of systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
· Mechanical knowledge (J)
· World Class Manufacturing Systems (E)
· Project Management (J)
· PC word processing/spreadsheet software (J)
· Manufacturing concepts and techniques (E)
· Math and analytical skills (J)
· Relevant department concepts, policies, and regulations (B)
Skill and abilityto:
· Manage projects on time and to budget
· Hands on leadership – on the floor, coaching associates
· Improve capability across a diverse team of people
· Influence, coach, & build capability in leaders at all levels
· Motivates associates in a team-based environment
· Good problem-solving skills
· Improve equipment design
· Identify problems or irregularities (defects) for early resolution
· Communicate and coordinate effectively with associates verbally an in writing
· Communicate and coordinate effectively with internal and external customers
· Travel via airplane and automobile
· Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
· Act in accordance with GSF’s Creed and Values
Indirectly – Operator(S) and Mechanic(s) assigned to Base Condition work cleaning & restoration
· Productivity/quality standards: Deliver ‘base condition’ plans to time and budget
· GPS Phase progression
· Project / assignment standards
· Cost containment
· Capital spend monitoring
· Teamwork within the department and across departments
· Customer satisfaction
· Vendor relations
Golden State Foods
AddressCity of Industry, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Golden State Foods
Get fresh Food Production Line Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.