Director of Operations
- Posted: 15 days ago
The Director of Operations reports directly to the President/CEO in support of the overall bank strategic plan and goals. Directs all duties and functions of bank operations. Plans and accomplishes business objectives. Establishes standards for work related policies and procedures. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for developing budgets, polices, procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Operation teams consistently deliver excellent customer service and exceed customer expectations. Ensures that all operational aspects of the Bank’s activities operate in a safe and sound manner.
Responsible for managing and providing support and guidance to both branch and central services staff. Conducts staff training and responsible for documenting relevant policies and procedures of the Bank and ensuring distribution of relevant policies and procedures within Operations.
Essential Job Duties of Director of Operations
- Serves as the Administrator of the core processor, Jack Henry & Associates (JHA). This includes updates, end of year preparation, and all other operational-related functions, but excludes Finance and Credit applications.
- Serves as the Administrator of the relationship with the Federal Reserve Bank and Pacific Coast Bankers’ Bank.
- Manages the Central Services functions.
- Manages the Branches.
- Works closely with the Branch teams to ensure superior client service, compliance with applicable Bank policies, procedures, controls, training and reporting.
- Ensures that weekly, monthly quarterly, semi-annually and annually reports, certifications, and audits are completed.
- Performs direct supervisory duties of the Operations associates.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain quality control reporting.
- Oversee unclaimed property ESCHEAT.
- Oversee debit card reporting to Jack Henry.
- Distribution of annual privacy notices as advised by Compliance Officer
- Oversee vendor maintenance and assigns users in bank operating systems.
- Oversee Reg CC application in Operations and JHA system updates.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Adaptability & Accountability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, accepts criticism and feedback, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and takes responsibility for own actions.
Attendance & Punctuality: Schedules time off in advance, begins working on time, keeps absences within guidelines, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data when necessary, identifies data relationships, designs work flows and procedures, analyzes assigned tasks, resources and workflow processes to prioritize projects and determine best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form, exhibits good listening skills and comprehension, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively and edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents accurate numerical data effectively.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions timely, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process and takes responsibility for communication including what is heard.
Teamwork / Morale: Treats others with respect and courtesy, gives and welcomes feedback, inspires the trust of others, exhibits tact and consideration, displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, offers assistance and support to co-workers, works cooperatively in group situations Engages consistently in professional behavior.
Business Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values and abides by written policies.
Compliance: Within specified functional area of authority, is personally accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements including but not limited to: all applicable consumer protection laws and regulations governing financial institutions, the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC (BSA/AML/OFAC) in accordance with his/her respective job duties and responsibilities
Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality. When sending confidential electronic communications outside the internal Bank network, use [Secure] in the subject line.
Organization: Maintains continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
Leadership & Management: Abides by the Bank’s leadership principles at all times. Reacts well under pressure. Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth by providing candid, relevant feedback and coaching. Carries out required performance management processes and timekeeping responsibilities. Identifies disciplinary situations or employee conflict and manages communication appropriately. Assures confidential interchange with subordinates as appropriate. Demonstrates and instill in others an appropriate sense of urgency. Recruits and retains high quality team members.
Must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in in area of specialty or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in managing Bank operations and client services.
- 5- years’ experience in bank compliance.
- 3 years’ experience with Jack Henry preferred.
- Course work/seminar attendance in bank operations.
- Working knowledge of compliance, BSA, and regulatory audits.
Computer & Software Skills
- Must have foundational computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook email and calendaring) and the Internet
- Occasional local travel
Min: $120,000 yr Max: $175, 000 yr
Golden State Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?