Cash Management Specialist
- Posted: 12 days ago
The Cash Management Specialist will support the business development personnel, bankers, and branch by providing skilled and knowledgeable assistance with cash management solutions and perform a variety of support activities such as requests for new product set up and managing all elements of the Cash Management products. This position will be responsible for new product set-up and maintaining ongoing support as well as providing technical support to clients regarding product usage and functionality. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the RDC, RDA, ACH, Online Banking, Account Analysis and other cash management products and services to ensure daily/monthly/annual monitoring and reviews of cash management are fulfilled and maintained.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide educational training on Cash Management products, pricing, and risk management and prevention.
- Assisting the Relationship Banking team with pricing and proposal completion. Find opportunities within Bank’s current client base to transition them to Cash Management.
- Partnering with the Central Services team to ensure new services are established correctly and timely and that customer issues are addressed in a professional and responsive manner.
- Identifying product improvements and solutions by communicating client and prospect needs and participating in the development of new services or modifications of existing services.
- Complies with and stays abreast of all banks policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the job.
- Review, analyze and understand clients’ Cash Management needs and conduct professional demonstrations as needed.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of all the Cash Management products including, but not limited to Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Remote Deposit Anywhere, Account Analysis, ACH Origination, Positive Pay, Wires, BillPay, External Transfers, etc.
- Provide guidance and support with NACHA requirements and adhere to NACHA operating rules.
- Review and find opportunities to enhance current process, forms, procedures, and aid in the initiative for a paper-less process whenever warranted.
- Manage and pre-plan tasks and meeting schedule to maintain an effective support of clients and business units.
- Achieve and exceed assigned goals and objectives. Understand the risk associated with all the Cash Management products and services and work with the Compliance Officer to ensure all risks are identified and mitigated.
- Participate in assuring quality control regarding audits and certifications.
- Perform intermediate to advanced duties related to any of the following operational background functions services by the department:
- Gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transactions, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Bank Controlled Accounts Reconciliation and Certifications
- Adjustments and Research
- Armored Service deposits cash balancing
- Account Reconciliation on (Cashier’s Checks, Expense Checks, Interest Checks, etc.)
- Dormant Accounts
- IOLTA Accounts Monthly Reporting
- Legal Process
- Non-Posted Items
- NSF and Returned Items
- Assist in enhancing and creating new procedures for existing and new processes
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Adaptability & Accountability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, accepts criticism and feedback, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and takes responsibility for own actions.
Attendance & Punctuality: Schedules time off in advance, begins working on time, keeps absences within guidelines, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Analytical Skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data when necessary, identifies data relationships, designs workflows and procedures, analyzes assigned tasks, resources and workflow processes to prioritize projects and determine best way of meeting deadlines and requirements.
Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form, exhibits good listening skills and comprehension, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively and edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents accurate numerical data effectively.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions timely, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process and takes responsibility for communication including what is heard. Demonstrates a ability to seek assistance if needed.
Teamwork / Morale: Treats others with respect and courtesy, gives and welcomes feedback, inspires the trust of others, exhibits tact and consideration, displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, offers assistance and support to co-workers, works cooperatively in group situations Engages consistently in professional behavior.
Business Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values and abides by written policies.
Compliance: Within specified functional area of authority, is personally accountable to understand and ensure regulatory and policy compliance with state and federal requirements including but not limited to: all applicable consumer protection laws and regulations governing financial institutions, the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC (BSA/AML/OFAC) in accordance with his/her respective job duties and responsibilities
Confidentiality: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality. When sending confidential electronic communications outside the internal Bank network, use [Secure] in the subject line.
Organization: Maintains continuous workflow to meet daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
Must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or some college preferred.
- 3-5 years Operational banking experience.
- 2-3 years Cash Management experience.
- Experience with Jack Henry System and core banking preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in a regulatory environment dedicated to Compliance and BSA.
Computer & Software Skills
- Must have foundational computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook email and calendaring) and the Internet
Additional InformationMin: $55,000 yr Max: $70, 000 yr.
Golden State Bank
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?