The Finance & Tax Manager is responsible for the Accounting/Tax Operations and Cash Management for all Golden Pass entities. Leads Finance/Tax team while providing direction and performance feedback. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Business Services and stands in for VP as needed including delegation of authority responsibilities.
- Oversees the operations of the accounting and tax function, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the function’s goals and objectives, including ensuring compliance with US GAAP, IRS, FERC, and other governmental agency, Shareholder and internal financial reporting and tax filing requirements as well as ensuring compliance with Shareholder Agreements, internal policies, procedures and control systems.
- Maintains a documented system of Accounting Policies and Process Guidelines and Procedures. Encourages and leads process improvement efforts by function personnel. Provides leadership in controls for respective areas and GP functions.
- Oversees a training/development curriculum for all function personnel and processes.
- Stewards the accounting/tax function’s General and Administrative budget, including development of functional Work Plan & Budget (WP&B) assumptions and plans.
- Coordinates and develops direct reports and assesses their performance as well as oversees such efforts for all accounting/tax function staff.
- Co-approves all manual checks.
- Performs/coordinates special studies as requested by the Vice President of Business Services and other Senior Management.
Minimum education required of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Minimum experience required of the position.
10+ years relevant work experience with 3+ years as a Manager or Supervisor; Controller experience preferred. Solid ERP System knowledge and experience including consolidated financial reporting
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Demonstrate effective business judgement
- Effective leadership, delegation and personnel management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong understanding of controls principles and authority delegation
- Strong knowledge of accounting, tax, credit and finance procedures
- Public Accounting experience preferred
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
Normal office environment conditions
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.