FP&A Senior Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, has the vision to be the premier LNG export company in North America. It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals eager to help us build the premier energy finance team in North America. Headquartered in downtown Houston, the finance organization expects to grow in size by approximately 50% over the next several years as we ramp up towards full LNG production. If you want to play a role in building a high performing team and have the background, experience, and qualifications to help us reach these goals, we encourage you to submit your application today.
As part of its vision and mission and consistent with its transformation from an LNG import to an LNG export business, Golden Pass is undergoing rapid growth and is seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Senior Analyst to be a Terminal Operations function’s financial partner. This position will have responsibilities within the following areas: strategic planning, annual work program and budget (WP&B), long range business plans (LRBP), monthly financial and operations stewardship, accounting, and various strategic analysis and projects for Golden Pass LNG Terminal Operations. Terminal Operations function is currently located in Beaumont but will move to the facility in Sabine Pass as the facility transitions into operations. The FP&A Senior Analyst position will be located in Houston, however, the position will require occasional travel to/from Beaumont / Sabine Pass, as needed.
Essential Duties / Functions
1. Strategic Planning:
- Ensure Terminal Operations function and its stewards are planning and managing to their and the Company’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate and assist in the creation of such strategic plans.
2. Annual Planning – Work Plan & Budget (WP&B) / Long Range Business Plans (LRBP):
- Lead the creation of work plans, assumptions, budgets, data inputs, and presentations in coordination with stewards, Terminal Operations function, and FP&A guidance and timelines
- Lead forecasting effort, generate monthly reporting, manage Terminal Operation’s budget, and keep management informed on status of their business and key financial/performance metrics
4. Analysis, Decision Support, and Special Projects:
- Originate and/or assist as financial partner in projects to increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve reliability, and anything else that creates value for the company
- Various side analysis to aid stewards and Terminal Operations to understand and manage their business
- Assist with power point creation, data visualization and financial modeling as needed
- Actual to budget variance analysis
- Serve as a translator of accounting terms/concepts/implication to the function
- Become an Anaplan (FP&A software) expert and self-sufficient in SAP (enterprise resource planning (ERP) software) as well as continuous systems improvements
Minimum education required of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, or Accounting
- MBA, CPA, or CFA (Preferred)
Minimum experience required of the position.
- 10+ years’ experience
- 8+ years’ experience in positions of increased responsibilities for financial planning, analysis, strategy development, business unit controllership and corporate finance
- 5+ years of Oil & Gas experience
- Project management
- 5+ years of accounting related experience
- 2+ yrs. of C-suite level interactions (preferred)
- 5+ years Operations Finance support experience (preferred)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience (preferred)
- Possess experience working across functions and execute strategic initiatives
- Have contributed to the preparation of the companywide annual budget and forecast
- Have contributed to the analysis of company’s financial performance vs budget
- Developed compelling, insightful recommendations and communicate results to senior leaders
- Financial modeling
Knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Clear, concise, confident, and thorough understanding of the fundamental principles in accounting, and financial statements
- PowerPoint or creating, editing and delivering presentations
- Experience with Anaplan or other planning software
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Thrive under low supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service-oriented mind-set
- Ability to manage multiple projects on different timelines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, purpose-driven, collaborative environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical and possess data literacy - ability to derive meaningful information from data
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- MBA, CPA or CFA (Preferred)
- Normal Office Environment
- Normal office physical requirements
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
oil and gas companies: QatarEnergy (70%) and ExxonMobil (30%).
Situated on the Gulf Coast near Sabine Pass, Texas, Golden Pass LNG is undergoing a historic transformation.
The existing liquefied natural gas terminal is among the largest in the world, and it will soon include liquefaction and
Golden Pass LNG
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?