ETRM Lead Business Analyst
Golden Pass LNG Houston, TX
- Posted: 23 days ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG is an ExxonMobil (30%) and Qatar Petroleum (70%) joint venture formed in the early 2000s to import liquefied natural gas. In 2019, the shareholders made a $10B final investment decision for “The Golden Pass LNG Export Project” (GPX) to construct a world class LNG export facility.
From inception to date, substantially all technology systems and services have been provided by ExxonMobil IT (EMIT). As part of the GPX project, the company launched an IT Enablement initiative to carve out systems from EMIT, and establish standalone systems and processes designed specifically for LNG export operations in a greenfield environment. The IT Enablement initiatives will utilize current cloud technology and Software-as-a Service to the extent possible. Golden Pass IT professionals will focus on strategic initiatives and business differentiators, and manage service providers to maintain systems and perform recurring, tactical tasks.
The Business Architect will report to the Head of Commercial Systems and have responsibility for Energy Trading and Risk Management Systems, market data information, and other systems and processes required to support natural gas trading. This role is responsible for. The ideal candidate has experience and skillset including Front and Middle Office processes and applications and is familiar with application configuration, test case design and testing, implementation and support of the ETRM Application. The areas of expertise must include Natural Gas, LNG, financial, physical deals, NG and LNG scheduling, Risk Reporting, P&L and market data.
The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with and advise all levels of business users and solve complex business and technical problems.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Gathering requirements, designing solutions, communicating with business users and technical team, testing solutions and documenting each step in the software development lifecycle.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of energy trading and risk management processes across front, middle and back office functionalities with an emphasis on Natural Gas and LNG trading and logistics management.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of natural gas and LNG contracts in wholesale market, gas pricing, gas nominations & scheduling, gas transmission and distribution.
- Candidate must have good knowledge ETRM product platforms, its architecture, its key modules and its Data Model and should have minimum 10 years of working experience in ETRM. Candidate must have good understanding on deal lifecycle and product configuration within ETRM systems including but not limited to new Instrument building, deal screen configuration, new template creation, deal modelling, reference data setup, risk valuation, invoicing, settlements and reporting.
- Candidate should have exposure to NG, LNG or Liquids scheduling.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of agile delivery methodology and must have an experience of working in a global team. Candidate should be able to manage effectively the tasks assigned, timelines and progress reporting on the tasks.
Minimum education required of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
Minimum experience required of the position.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a BA and functional architect supporting of commercial gas trading operations. LNG experience is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a functional architect on an ETRM solutions across front, middle, and back office and with integration, reporting, logistics systems and pricing/market data solutions for top natural gas supply/commercial LNG operation.
- Experience supporting and working with commercial IT team and consultants providing functional and technical expertise for commercial systems.
- Experience in trade operation infrastructure, interfaces, and ETRM front to back flow.
- Experience working with teams to drive and influence IT strategies by taking initiative, engaging business stakeholders and management, expressing ideas and challenging the status quo across management, businesses and functions.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Experience in natural gas and LNG with strong business acumen and detailed knowledge of gas supply and LNG front to back processes and data flow
- Extensive functional knowledge in ETRM, execution platform and trade operation infrastructure
- Ability to quickly understand a complex Gas and LNG value chain system architecture and matrix of across the organizations and businesses; and their interrelationships/dependencies
Required job competencies of the position.
- Proven track record in working with a dynamic team, consultants and virtual teams to manage multiple concurrent projects, operations and budgets.
- Willingness and ability to lead or follow to achieve business objectives.
- Strategic thinking skills with ability to visualize the big picture and manage tactical details as required.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Leadership skills to drive business change, manage direct reports, and managed service providers.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- No specific certifications required.
- Normal office environment with occasional visits to terminal and pipeline facilities.
- No special physical requirements.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
Golden Pass LNG
BusinessView all jobs at Golden Pass LNG