At Golden Oaks, our employees play a vital role in our homes success. We believe our employees are our number one asset to providing optimum care to our residents. Not only does Golden Oaks strive for excellence within the home, we strive to make an enjoyable working environment for all our staff.
Overview: Prepares nutritious meals. Monitors methods of food handling, preparation, meal service and equipment cleaning. The Cook/Chef reports directly to the Operator and Business Managers.
Qualifications: Culinary training or equivalent training is required. Understanding of therapeutic diets is preferred but not required. Experience with food services in a health care dietary setting is preferred but not required. Have general knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving. Must maintain all appropriate licenses and certification to handle food in the State of Kansas.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties are determined by the Homes needs and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate food preparation and meal service.
- Plan and initiate cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
- Prepare, season, cook and serve for assigned meal; ensure appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
- Prepare nutritional snacks for residents.
- Taste and smell prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
- Monitor temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal.
- Follow Federal and State long term care regulations (if applicable), Dietary Department policies and procedures and Food Code requirements.
- Follow cleaning schedules and perform cleaning duties as scheduled.
- Assist in receiving, storing and shopping for food and supplies.
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Follow defined Infection Control procedures.
- Understand facility's fire and tornado plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Ability to manage and direct Dietary Aides if needed.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
Golden Oaks is an Equal Opportunity employer.