We are seeking a Certified Medication Aide CMA to become a part of our team AND OFFERING SIGN ON BONUS !!!!!
Hiring for FT & PT WEEKEND positions on both Evening (2p-10p) & Nights (8p-8a) as well as PRN.
Role and Responsibilities
- Administer or assist with the administration and/or supervision of medications to the residents in a safe, accurate and timely manner (according to state regulations). This includes, but is not limited to, administering or assisting with the administration of medications according to the physician order.
- Document medications administered in accordance with Golden Oaks Policy, check Medical Administration Record (MAR)’s prior to and immediately after each shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintain security of locked medications and narcotic keys during entire shift.
- Conduct narcotic count at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with Golden Oaks Policy and Procedure.
- Provide physical and psychosocial care to all residents in a manner that promotes dignity, choice, respects privacy, and individuality.
- Assist a resident in/out of bed, assisting with bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, walking, feeding, social activities, preparing meals, utilizing safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with mobility, observe and report changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to Operator on staff, as needed.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
- Meet professional standards of quality at all times. This includes conducting change of shift reports with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel, maintaining professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and their families, report any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately.
- Document any issues or violations according to Golden Oaks Procedures.
- Act as an ambassador and public relations representative to guests and their visitors.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment for all staff and residents.
- Making/changing bed linens (that sometimes may be soiled), clean sinks, toilets, or other surfaces, washing dishes, washing, drying, and folding laundry, vacuuming carpets, sweeping, etc.
- Understand and use Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Standard Precautions, OSHA’s Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens standard, and follow established infection control procedures, hazardous communication, and other safety rules.
- Maintain and participate in a collaborative work environment with peers and other team members.
- Use tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Follow-up with appropriate staff, residents, or other individuals regarding complains, problems, and concerns.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and mandatory in-service and collaborate with associates to assure necessary care and services provided. Participate in projects or committees and perform related duties as assigned.
- Implement and participate in activities as planned.
- Will complete other tasks appropriate to the community as needed.
- This position reports to the Operator on duty as well as the Administrator.
- The Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience for this Position are to:
- Complete state-required education/certificates and testing in relation to medication aides.
- Be able to read and write in English.
- Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases. Bending and lifting are required.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Desire to work with the elderly in an environment that upholds their privacy, dignity, choice, independence and individuality.
- Working knowledge of those principles necessary to provide competent nursing care.
- Understanding of the normal dosages, actions and common side effects of most medications in common use.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability work well with others.
- Effective training and supervisory skills.
- The ability to identify, address and communicate problems effectively.
- Working knowledge of and ability to conform to applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- All general staffing requirements:
- Free of communicable disease
- Able to physically/mentally perform tasks, as verified by a health screening that includes TB clearance
- Criminal record clearance
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- General understanding of the needs of the elderly
- Willingness to learn
- HIRING FULL-TIME , PART-TIME, AND PRN
- FULL-TIME/PART-TIME WEEKEND POSITIONS ARE ONLY POSITIONS THAT QUALIFY FOR SIGN ON BONUS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have a current CMA certificate for the State of Kansas. At least one-year experience working with the elderly or in a home-health setting is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour