Location: 1001 - San Luis Hotel
Job Description: The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for providing protection and communication with hotel guest and associates. He/she is also responsible for patrolling the entire resort in company issued vehicles to maintain security, detect and report fire, security and safety hazards and/or violations of company rules and regulations.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Must provide valid proof of automobile insurance and pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Any position required to drive company vehicles will be subjected to pre employment and random drug testing.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs, descent stairs and run.
- On occasion, must physically deter individuals who pose a threat to guests and/or associates.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of Fertitta Hospitality's Code of Conduct.
- Use proper two-radio etiquette at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Audit Auditor and the front door of the hotel by remaining in the lobby area when not on property walks.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to gues