Your efforts and expertise as an MDS Coordinator / RN Assessment Coordinator at Golden LivingCenters ensure that our patients receive the care they need and that we have the necessary resources to provide it. In this critical position, which is vital to helping us continue to provide the highest quality healthcare possible, you will have a direct and meaningful impact on the quality of care that our patients receive. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you'll know you've made a difference in the lives of our patients. We are seeking qualified candidates who have experience as an MDS Coordinator / RN Assessment Coordinator and are committed to helping our patients and facilities receive the support they need.
Responsible for the completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument per federal and state regulations and company policy and procedures. Acts as an in-house case manager by considering all aspects of the resident's care and coordinating services with physicians, families, third party payers and facility staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Accurate and thorough completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS), Care Area Assessments (CAA's) and Care Plans, per current federal and state regulations and guidelines that govern the process
- Acts as an in-house Case Manager demonstrating detailed knowledge of residents health status, critical thinking skills to develop an appropriate care pathway and timely communication of needed information to the resident, family, other health care professionals, and third-party payers
- Proactively communicates with ED and DNS to identify regulatory risk, the effectiveness of Living Center Systems that allow capture of resources provided on the MDS, clinical trends that impacts resident care, and any additional information that affects the clinical and operational outcomes of the Living Center
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and collaborates with therapy staff to select the correct reason for assessment and Assessment Reference Date (ARD). Captures the RUG score which reflects the care and services provided
- Demonstrates an understanding of MDS requirements related to varied payers including Medicare, Managed Care, and Medicaid
- Ensures timely electronic submission of all Minimum Data Sets to the state database. Reviews state validation reports and ensure that appropriate follow-up action is taken
- Facilitates the Care Management Process engaging the resident, IDT, and family in timely identification and resolution of barriers to discharge resulting in optimal resident outcomes and safe transition to the next care setting
- Directly educates or provides company resources to the IDT members to ensure they are knowledgeable of the RAI process. Provides an overview of the RNAC role to new em