As an Assistant Director of Nursing (RN) at Golden LivingCenters, you know how special our nursing staff is to us. Thanks to our nurse managers, we provide the best primary care to our patients. Your job is to oversee and enhance the entire department, providing meaningful recommendations for improvement and evaluating quality and ensuring our staff has everything they need to be successful. You'll manage and meticulously monitor the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to patients. Guaranteeing clinical excellence will be at the core of everything you do. Golden LivingCenters will be a brighter place because of your hard work in this highly respected and integral position.
Are you ready to take on this special role and oversee an excellent nursing staff because quality healthcare is that important to you? The right candidate will have experience in nurse management and be inspired to make a difference.
Plan, coordinates, and manages the nursing department. Responsible for assisting with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to residents. Maintains quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards. Assumes responsibilities of daily operations in the absence of Director of Nursing (RN).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversees the nursing staff for the provision of quality and appropriate resident/patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the living center. Monitors monthly performance of nursing services budget and intervenes as needed
- Schedules and performs rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care
- Maintains administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care, medications, and treatments
- Hires nursing staff, oversees the provision of orientation/training by a qualified Director of Education and retains qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Reviews employee performance and conducts periodic performance appraisals timely
- Develops and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and patient population
- Evaluates current and potential residents and patients to determine and maintain the living center's ability to provide appropriate levels of care
- Maintains regular and ongoing communication with the living center's Medical Director to identify educational needs for staff and provide quality care and services to meet the needs of residents.
- Manages clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes
- Conducts daily Clinical Start-up meeting with the interdisci