Senior HR Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are searching for the right Human Resources Staffing Specialist to support the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) providing HR operational work for the HR Operations Division (HROD). The HROD maintains responsibility for all HR operational work, serving as the primary focal point for the delivery of core HR services, to include payroll, compensation, recruitment, staffing, position classification, benefits, workforce flexibilities, and on-boarding. The Human Resources and Professional Development (HRPD) division manages staffing and selection processes for supervisory, management, and executive positions. The work of this position is operational and focused on day-to-day processes associated with recruiting talent and maintaining the existing workforce. The work involves assisting hiring officials in leveraging recruitment strategies to the Federal government and administering vacancy announcement and selection process for positions in the Bureau.
An expert in Federal regulations related to HR staffing, the specialist provides consultation services on the impact of decisions related to recruitment strategies and the use of Special Hiring Authorities, conducts job analyses and assists in the development of automated interview assessments, and implements all aspects of recruitment to hire functions such as the preparation of referral lists for vacancy candidates, collecting and preparing applicant packets for panel review, coordinating subject matter experts when necessary, monitoring selection processes, processing selections, presenting job offers, and sending notifications of non-selection. Work includes the performance of routine clerical and document management responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Background Investigation
· Expert in Federal regulations related to HR staffing
· 6+ years’ applied experience specific to Federal staffing operations
· Advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience in Delegated Examining activities. Active DEU certificate is preferable
· Experience coding and processing personnel actions
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Advise ATF supervision and management on the impact of recruitment strategies available to Federal organizations to acquire employees with the necessary knowledge and skills while maintaining a diverse workforce.
· Advise ATF supervision and management on opportunities and restrictions related to special hiring authority and general recruitment and staffing processes, procedures and regulations.
· Work with ATF supervision and management to identify and weight automated interview questions to rank vacancy applicants for utilization in ATF recruitment systems.
· Work with ATF supervision and management to prepare recurring and new vacancy announcements.
· Monitor ATF personnel systems to initiate recruitment processes.
· Issue vacancy announcements using automated systems.
· Adjudicate applicant packages to evaluate compliance with veterans' preference requirements when applicable and ensure submissions are complete and meet published minimum qualifications.
· Perform routine and repetitive staffing support duties for all aspects of recruitment to hire functions, such as preparation of referral lists for vacancy candidates, collecting and preparing applicant packets for panel review, coordinating subject matter experts when necessary, monitoring selection process for vacancy candidates, processing selections, presenting job offers, and sending notifications of non-selection.
· Respond to questions, complaints, problems, or situations and provide explanations of HR policy related to recruitment, vacancy management and announcement, and staffing selection processes.
· Develop job analyses and/or guides covering major job groups within the ATF population to establish and maintain position uniformity and consistency.
· Review work products and automated system data, and initiate and complete any necessary actions required to correct errors.
· Develop, maintain and update computerized Microsoft databases and spreadsheets used by the branch to manage and monitor recruitment and staffing processes.
· Review and follow-up with branch personnel and clients to ensure staffing actions are submitted and input on a timely basis to meet requirements set by Presidential and Office of Personnel Management mandate for the 80-day hiring cycle.
· Provide a high level of customer service via telephone and face-to-face contacts, ensuring that the image of the branch is upheld or strengthened as a result of the positive nature of the contact.
· Contribute to the design, standardization and streamlining of initiatives to reengineer or improve agency-wide staffing processes through assisting in the development or revision of policies, drafting standard operating procedures, or the review and integration of new staffing automation technology.
· Coordinate issues and/or record problems with agency payroll processing center personnel, HR Information Systems personnel and HR Specialists to resolve issues or problems effecting employees' employment status and the correctness of information and timely processing of personnel actions.
· Develop job aids, briefings, and training to improve efficiency and enhance awareness on a variety of recruitment and staffing management topics.
· Provide briefings or formal instruction on recruitment and staffing management to ATF personnel.
· Prepare routine reports related to the status of work output, progress on special projects, or the results of assessments or studies.
· Utilize a computer-based HRIS to document work output, process administrative functions, and run reports.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience developing detailed formal reports for submission to supervision; facilitating collaborative workshops; providing telephone support; and providing briefings and presentations.
· Experience shall be such that they are considered an expert in their field, can assess expertise-related problems and recommend viable solutions, and can work independently on assignments with minimal guidance or oversight.
· Proficient in the use of Windows-based computer platforms (most recent version of Microsoft Windows and all preceding versions) and have experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Most recent version and all preceding versions).
Job Type: Full-Time / Remote
Travel: Travel to other Government facilities or other Contractor facilities may be required within 1 day's notice.
Golden Key GroupWhy Work Here?
Full-time employment and outstanding benefits. Excellent professional growth opportunties in a variety of disciplines.
Golden Key Group (GKG) is a Woman-owned, 20-year old Federal Government contractor located in Reston, VA. GKG serves various government Agencies and Departments, including the Dept. of Transportation, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, General Services Administration and others. .