Human Resources Generalist II (Personnel and Payroll Processing Specialist)
With a passion for excellence, Golden Key Group (GKG) helps clients solve their strategic, organizational, and operational challenges to better meet their mission demands. We have serviced more than 25 Federal departments and agencies and several large commercial companies since our inception in 2002.
Golden Key Group's talented professionals, combined with our strategic partners, bring a depth of commercial and government experience and expertise. We are relentless in delivering the highest levels of services to provide tangible value and create sustainable results for our clients.
Founded in 2002, Golden Key Group, LLC (GKG) is a full-service federal Human Resources (HR) and Human Capital (HC) services company. Since inception, GKG has supported more than 50 Federal agencies and established a reputation of a commitment to excellence by providing consistent, high-quality performance to our customers. GKG is currently supporting the Drug Enforcement Agency's (DEA) Human Resource Division which requires the appropriate level of skilled contract support to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance with day-to-day human resource operations. The successful HR Generalists must possess the required knowledge of Federal HR to support all processing activities needed by the DEA HR Division.
- Serves as expert resource and authority on coding and processing personnel and payroll actions using EmpowHR and National Finance Center (NFC) system.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and respond to a variety of recurring and complex inquiries regarding payroll and personnel matters.
- Process (review, validate, update, and correct, code, submit and file a legally personnel action) for all Requests for Personnel Actions in accordance with:
- Guide to Personnel Processing Actions (GPPA)
- OPM Guide to Personnel Recordkeeping (GPR)
- The Guide to Data Standards
- The Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and Federal Employee Retirement Service (FERS) Handbook for Personnel and Payroll Offices
- 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- The Federal Employees' Health Benefits Handbook for Personnel and Payroll-Offices
- Electronic Personnel Folder (e-OPF)
- National Finance Center (NFC) Bulletins and Guidance
- Process complex History Correction Update Processing System (HCUP) packages in NFC on corrections needed for data in the personnel system.
- Code, review, and process personnel and payroll actions using the appropriate Federal and agency policy guidance.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, quality control, and follow-up procedures while verifying entries of data into personnel systems.
- Establish internal controls to ensure compliance for audit purposes.
- Process Requests for Personnel Action (i.e., SF-52) in EmpowHR and the NFC Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) and correct any resulting Suspense Inquiry System (SINQ) errors.
- Review NFC screens to ensure manual payments, corrections and disbursements are made timely.
- Quality control reviews to check the accuracy of payroll data entered in all payroll systems (i.e., final lump sum payments (annual/restored, comp and credit hours), biweekly comp and credit hours, canceled payments, restored leave payments, annual annuity adjustments, etc.)
- Ensure processing system for records-keeping provide full reconstruction of actions for third party review that conform to OPM and National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).
- Provide tracking status reports each pay period on actions, errors and outstanding issues or problems that need to be resolved with the personnel/payroll.
- Communicate with agency managers or HR staff when errors or discrepancies are identified to obtain necessary information/documentation/corrections to process personnel actions accurately in a timely and compliant manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), PeopleSoft, National Finance Center (NFC), EPIC.
- Ability to process HCUPs and corrections needed within the system.
- Experience processing and fixing SINQ errors.
- Knowledge of federal Human Resources, payroll processing and applying the principles from the GPPA and other federal and agency policies and guidelines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors preferred, and (4) years of experience at the GS-9 (CG-9) level or higher coding and processing personnel and payroll actions using PeopleSoft and finalizing processing in NFC.
**Please note that Golden Key Group, LLC (GKG) will not ask for any personal data during the application and interview phases of your job search with our team. In addition, we will not text you out of personal and professional courtesy. Should you get any requests for personal information, consider it a possible spam/phishing attempt.**
Golden Key GroupWashington, DC
BusinessView All Golden Key Group Jobs
Get fresh Human Resources Generalist II (Personnel and Payroll Processing Specialist) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.