Looking to do something special with your life?
Want to make a difference?
Become a Behavioral Health Technician at Golden Heart Care LLC.
Golden Heart Care LLC is a company dedicated to improving the quality of life for adults and their families by providing therapeutic behavioral health and education programs. Since 2017, Golden Heart Care has been helping adults and families live healthier, more successful lives by creating a new foundation for growth and recovery, utilizing a strength based, positive approach. Our open Residential Home is located in beautiful North Phoenix!
Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT) implement the daily structure for our individuals, facilitate group sessions (yoga, meditation, Reiki, nutritional courses, etc) and are available for crisis intervention. BHTs are responsible to provide a safe and secure environment for our individuals through therapeutic supervision at all times and actively participating in scheduled events and activities. BHTs provide positive role modeling which is consistent/compatible with the philosophy and beliefs of Golden Heart Care.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Establish positive professional relationships with the individuals to identify positive strengths within the individuals and enhance positive change.
- Help individuals identify the purpose behind their behaviors and explore healthy and effective alternatives to deal with needs in daily encounters with individuals.
- Assist individuals and actively participate in daily tasks, such as cleaning dorm areas, physical activities, and dorm groups.
- Plan and actively participate in therapeutic activities for the individuals.
- Assist individuals and actively participate with them in daily activities to achieve their treatment objectives as outlined in their treatment plan, in a culturally sensitive and strengths based manner.
- Communicate to internal team and families via our mobile applications and online software features
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Positive and upbeat
- Able to function in a high stress environment
- Caring and compassionate
- Willingness to learn
- Possess or obtain a level one fingerprint clearance card from Department of Public Safety
- Pass drug screen
- Valid AZ drivers license
- TB Test
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of cultural issues and be respectful
- Technology knowledge
- Own a smart phone to manage our software/mobile application
- Ability to implement therapeutic holds as required.
- Requires 80% mobility, walking between units/dorms and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to engage in physical activities with clients and staff.