Golden Search Group is looking a Director of Accounting for one our clients in Redwood City. This is a fast growing software company with great dynamic culture. We are looking for someone driven and smart with strong operations and technical background
- Managing the monthly, quarterly and year-end close process, including year-end audit and the preparation of internal / external consolidated financial statements.
- Manage a growing organization, responsible for general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, consolidations, and fixed assets.
- Proactively lead all aspects of technical accounting, including timely identification of and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, providing GAAP interpretation, and documenting issues appropriately. Research technical accounting matters as they arise and determine accounting treatment for complex transactions based on such research.
- Manage the relationship with external auditor, and deliver cost savings in the year-end audit.
- Review new contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment, and to ensure that all necessary data flows, reports, and processes are in place so that revenues, expenses, and reserves can be appropriately recorded for all new programs.
- Be a functional expert driving continuous improvement with financial systems. Lead the implementation of new systems as necessary.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of Company’s internal controls. Lead the development and implementation of SOX-compliant systems, processes, reports, and controls to meet the Company’s evolving business models.
- Manage accounting staff’s day-to-day responsibilities, including monitoring and analyzing department work to develop more efficient procedures / workflow and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Support the VP Controller, CFO, and other executives with various analyses and ad hoc projects, including the 409A, board meeting support, and preparation of quarterly audit committee presentations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA license is required (inactive status OK). Big 4 CPA firm background preferred.
- 8-10 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Excellent GAAP technical expertise, SEC reporting experience helpful.
- Must be a strong manager with proven ability to develop and motivate staff, interacting with others assertively, responsibly, and supportively while being collaborative.
- Ability to thrive in fast-growing environment where change is the norm; requires strong multi-tasking skills, and the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly.
- Hands-on approach, extremely detail oriented. Comfortable doing the work yourself when necessary, with limited resources and tight timelines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas.
- Significant experience working with Tier 1 ERP systems. Experienced in creation and use of data extracts for use with Excel or Msft Access, or in creation of reports / analytical views using BI tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience delivering live presentations useful.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
This position is ideal for someone who has a go getter attitude, a team player and wants to be part of a dynamic and rapidly growing company.