Business Systems Analyst/Project lead
- Medical , Dental , Retirement
Business System Analyst/Project Lead
In support of the Paperless Forms/Workflow project in the Student Information Systems Space. Provides hands on expertise and leadership in gathering requirements, adopting best practices for implementation and solutioning electronic process flows that replace existing paper based processes.
• Responsible for leading the process focused on the elimination of paper based processes to paperless via tools such as NextGen’s Dynamic Forms software or other tools deemed appropriate.
• Provide overall strategic direction for workflow / paperless forms implementation direction in the optimal use of the NextGen Dyanmic Forms software application.
• Oversee the evaluation of new features and manage the functional testing of paperless forms.
• Meet with users, analyze their needs, and write specifications, coordinate testing and delivery of new processes or modifications to existing custom applications.
1. Develops the initial project charter and clarification of the project scope, requirements, measurable outcomes, and project deliverables.
2. Works with respective process owners and using the business analytics, prepares the associated business case. Documents the “as is” and “to be” business processes using standard process modeling tools and process improvement methodologies.
3. Conducts thorough business case and external customer value analysis to determine selection, prioritization positioning and approach for broadest range of potential solutions (e.g., outsourcing, process improvements, and technology solutions).
4. Communicates compelling and concise analysis to enable business owners to make well informed decisions regarding options for problem resolution and opportunity realization. Reviews system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested system change is possible within existing system and is within the scope of the current project definition.
5. Gathers, compiles, and produces relevant business analytics on departmental performances including production of Performance Metrics and opinions/suggestions for improvement opportunities.
6. Develops and delivers quality analysis, reporting and presentation materials.
7. Responsible for requirements prioritization and solution risk analysis.
8. Fully integrates baseline and metrics tracking into initiative planning and execution for optimal results.
9. Designs, plans, communicates and executes the departmental readiness plan.
10. Oversees, develops, facilitates and delivers training plans.
11. Create paperless forms processes using the designer capability in NextGen’s Dynamic Form Software.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business, technology or related field and six years of related work experience in analysis of business needs and development of related business systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a University environment.
Required Skills & Abilities:
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Familiarity with workflow implementation, preferably in the Student Information Systems environment.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Familiarity/understanding of the technology listed below:
Next Gen Dynamic Forms
Visio/power point work flow
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Superior written and oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate compelling and concise analysis to enable business owners to make well informed decisions regarding options for problem resolution and opportunity realization.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability to align business goals with technology. Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Business or Technical Management Experience.
Six years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
Previous business unit to technology unit liaison experience.
Previous experience working with technology vendors on behalf of associated University functional staff.
Golden Compass, IncNew Haven, CT
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.