Golden Bloom Pharms, Inc. New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Extraction Technician
Reports to: Extraction Supervisor
FLSA Status: Regular- Non-Exempt
Location: New York
Extraction Technician will support our extraction and production operations.. You should be very technically astute in mechanical, electrical, and computer operated systems utilized in production/manufacturing environments. You need to be proactive, quick thinking and innovative in your approach.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that team members are properly communicated the goals of the shift, week, and month
- Training new team members on extraction equipment and procedures.
- Ensuring policy and procedure compliance across all processes within the department.
- Monitoring employee attendance and performance.
- Oversee equipment cleaning and maintenance policies, ensuring equipment is well maintained.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals, and equipment used in the facility, assisting in improving records when needed
- Oversee process flow throughout department, making changes in allocation of resources to meet demand
- Operating, maintaining, and making adjustments and repairs to extraction equipment
- Ensuring team members store supplies and equipment and disposal of waste according to guidelines
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment and preparing requisitions as needed
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products
- Following all standard operating procedures regarding product creation and lab safety
- Works with testing laboratory as defined by state guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of state and local laws
- Understanding of proper and safe handling of hazardous materials
- Familiarity with separations, isolations and fractionation
- Knowledge of solvent and solvent free extraction methods
- Stay current of practices and new developments in the cannabis extraction industry
- Ability to work quickly without compromising accuracy
- Ability to discern the quality of plant material and finished products
- Strong computer and social skills
- Cannabis knowledge including specifically Ethyl extraction
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Manufacturing experience preferred
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's or Associate degree or its equivalent, from a recognized college or university, with a major in chemistry or biology preferred
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer Golden Bloom Pharms Supports a Drug Free Workplace
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Golden Bloom Pharms, Inc.
AddressNew York, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Golden Bloom Pharms, Inc.