- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: Gold Medal Environmental/Apple Valley Waste is hiring for the position of Sales Representative. The ideal candidate will be a customer-focused account executive to develop and maintain relationships with current client accounts and prospect for new customers. In this role you will focus on growing your book of business, customer satisfaction, quality of revenue, and selling within the customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Present and promote business solutions to new and existing customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing and potential customer to ensure the need of the customer is met, while consistent with the goal and vision of GME/AVW
- Establish, develop, and maintain a positive reputation with existing and prospective customers as well as the community you live and work in
- Build and develop new leads through warm referrals as well as cold calling on new opportunities
- Resolve customer problems and complaints to maximize customer satisfaction, quickly and effectively
- Communicate clearly with GME/AVW’s operations personnel regarding issues with customer site that may impact the Company’s ability to service
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and corporate goals within the communicated timeframe
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and track new and existing sales opportunities through various reporting and tracking methods
- Analyze account base and manage account pricing and account retention
- Communicate with senior management regarding customer needs, problems, interests, market activities and trends
- Work in a team environment to achieve the Company’s annual goals consistent with its long-term vision and mission
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, activities, and trends
- Actively look for ways to grow and develop professionally through management and customer feedback
- Negotiate renewal contracts with existing account base
- Retain existing accounts and handle cancellation requests
- Resolve customer issues or problems and answer customer questions regarding account and services
- Inputs and maintains customer and other sales data information in the Company’s CRM database
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related sales results as needed
- Coordinate customer activities with sales team to ensure smooth transactions for customers
- Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional, well-groomed presentation skills
- Confidence and energy in delivery when speaking and engaging with people
- Strong understanding of various CRM and EPM technologies as well as electronic document signature applications and the ability to quickly learn other software programs
- Strong logic and reason skills to creatively find a solution for clients
- Able to adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and self-discipline to manage oneself without constant daily oversight
- Outgoing personality and ability to communicate verbally either on the phone, or in person
- Ability to build relationships across various personalities and backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The normal setting for this position is calling on commercial customers while using a personal vehicle to visit customers and prospects.
- Safety is of the utmost importance as incumbent is required to enter and exit the vehicle frequently.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent preferred, but not required
- 3 years of outsides sales experience preferred
To successfully perform the essential functions of the job, the incumbent must be able to work in this environment and perform all duties as described below:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
Visual acuity: Correctable to 20/20. Must be able to read computer screen and various reports
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and others
Ability to climb, bend, stoop, twist and reach in front of body, overhead and to the floor.
Exert physical effort in handling objects (grab, lift, move, place, shift, pull, push, adjust) 10 pounds of force
Fine Motor Control: Required to have motor control and coordination of hands, wrist, and finger dexterity to write, type, use of steering wheel, shifting, computer keyboarding, machine operation, etc.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
We offer Competitive Wages based on experience, Company Paid Vacation & Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K Retirement Planning Options/Company Match, Company Paid Basic Life Insurance, Individual/Family Benefit Plans: Medical, Prescription, Dental, & Vision, Voluntary Benefit Options: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Health & Wellness Benefits: Global Fit/Healthy Learn, Free Member Advocacy Support Consultants, KISx Card – Pay $0 for Elective procedures, Long-term Career Growth Opportunities, Steady & Consistent Year-Round Work.
WORK STYLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable to variety of tasks assigned in the workplace.
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Independence — Job requires guiding oneself with little or no supervision.
This job summary has been designed to indicate the general nature of the essential duties and primary responsibilities and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Gold Medal Environmental is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce fostering a culture where we can retain, develop, and ensure our best talent is working in an environment where every employee feels included, valued, and recognized.
Gold Medal Environmental - Apple Valley Waste Inc
AddressCharles Town, WV
Get fresh Waste Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.