EHS Administrative Assistant (Safety Admin)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BUSINESS UNIT: Gold Medal Environmental / Apple Valley Waste
DEPT. Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS)
REPORTS TO: EHS Director
WORK LOCATION: Baltimore MD, or Kearneysville WV
Perform administrative duties that support compliance with the company’s environmental, health, and safety programs. Effectively communicate with site leadership and representatives from third party administrator(TPA) companies.
· Maintains the company’s “Safety Admin” page on Microsoft Sharepoint. Including but not limited to: uploading revised programs, coordinating supervisor access, creating links for distribution.
· Digitally store all training records received from site leadership and inform them of any defeciencies as scheduled by the annual EHS training calendar.
· Assist site leadership with new hire orientation. Including but not limited to: reviewing contents of the “Safe Work Practices Book” with new employees using the Microsoft Teams platform.
· Maintains the company’s incident log by entering information received on all environmental, health, and safety incidents sent through the “Incidents” group email. Coordinating with the District General Managers to file claims with our insurance provider as needed.
· Upload copies of driver qualification compliance(DQ file) documents received from site leadership to the company’s TPA website/portal.
· Coordinates with site leaders to prepare, update, and distribute annual OSHA 300 forms for all locations.
· Maintains digital files of regulatory and compliance interaction correspondence from government entities. Including but not limited to: (OSHA, DOT/FMCSA, EPA, State & Municipal regulatory agencies)
· Project a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, positive attitude that encourages employee engagement and reflects the professional image desired by GME/AVW.
· Assist site leaders with scheduling randomly selected employees for substance abuse testing at all locations and coordinating with the Medical Review Officer and site leaders as needed.
· Updates and maintains user access to the TPA website/portal for chemical management (SDS) at all locations
· Create and furnish management with KPI reports as needed from all EHS platforms
· Ability to follow instructions and work with limited supervision
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Hours are: 8:00am – 5:00pm M-F.
Regular attendance in conformance with company standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Pay Rate: $20.00 - $24.00 ( Based on experience)
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with GME/AVW rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the company’s facilities. Employees who violate company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficiency with Microsoft/Windows applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Teams
Familiarity with TPA website/portals (Preferred)
Other Skills and Abilities:
Good communication skills both oral and written
Good attendance record
Ability to effectively communicate in Spanish (Preferred)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit for extended lengths of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision..
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Three to five years of related experience in logistics administration, safety, DOT/OSHA compliance, risk management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certificates
No specific licenses or certificates required for this role.
OSHA 10/OSHA 30 certificate (Preferred)
DOT Designated Employer Representative (DER) certificate (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Gold Medal Environmental - Apple Valley Waste Inc
Get fresh Environment Health jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.