SUMMARY: Is the primary person responsible for facilitating Procurement department functions on a daily basis at the request of their immediate supervisor. Work scheduled hours but on occasion may be asked to work outside of these hours including weekends in an emergency situation.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
I.) ESSENTIAL TASKS:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in buying functions with Cross-dock vendors
- Learn SAP basics / Create purchase orders
- Deliver product/samples to various customers/HQ as directed
- Take photos of products for GMB and/or its customers
- Pick up bags/stickers/other materials from supplier occasionally with little or no notice
- Assist in periodic bag/sticker inventory counts
- Trains/retrains as required by company training guidelines (i.e., annual GMPT).
- Keeps area of assigned work clean and neat at all times. Assists other employees when advised to do so by supervisor.
- Notifies supervision of any irregularities which occur during daily job functions.
- Does not change job procedures without authorization from Supervision.
- Performs all other related assignments and training of other employees and fills in for other positions as required by Supervision.
- Responsible for preventing injury in accordance with all company safety programs and procedures.
Maintains a high state of safety awareness:
- Keeps hands, body and clothing clear of moving machinery,
- Observes proper lifting technique,
- Pays special attention when walking or climbing stairways,
- Is alert to movement of materials, condition of walking surface and other people in order to prevent possible collision or accidents.
- Is at all times cognizant of personal and food safety. Follows all personal safety rules. If any food or quality problem (or potential problem) arises, elevates to Supervisor immediately or in a timely fashion, depending on severity of problem.
The above job description is not intended to be all inclusive but is to serve as a guideline for the job, and subject to change to meet the needs of Gold Medal Bakery or its customers.
I.) PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Majority of duties performed in an office setting with periodic walking or standing. Must be able to lift at least 40 lb. bags or boxes.
- Mental and visual ability to identify numerous various products and read instructions is required. Performs complex tasks requiring independent knowledge in addition to procedures or instructions provided. Must be able to do basic math calculations to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be capable of understanding complex instructions and read notices and work schedules.
- Worker subjected to temperatures above 100° (degrees) for occasional periods and more extreme in summer months.
- Hearing protection is required in plant.
- Worker subject to occasional hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- Must be licensed to drive and willing to drive long distances if called upon.
- Preparation and Training
Work requires a high school level of knowledge in order to perform calculations, prepare and read reports, keep accurate records and/or deal effectively with other people. Computer skills required, including intermediate levels of MS Word and Excel.
- Work Experience
Position is filled by appointment as determined by management.
- Analytical and Multi-Tasking Ability
Must possess excellent analytical skills in order to gather and interpret data. Proven ability to plan and organize a large number of tasks at the same time.
- Independent Judgment and Consequence Of Errors
Independent judgment is often required. Some direct guidance is received from supervision and/or established procedures or instructions. The consequence of errors can result in significant cost in time and money.
- Contact With Others
Solid communication skills needed to manage relationships with vendors.
- Work Of Others
No responsibility for the work of others.