Food & Beverage Sous Chef
The Sous Chef assists the F&B Chef in the supervision and coordination of cooks and other team members engaged in preparing and cooking menu items for our outlets. This position will collaborate with F&B Chef in all aspects of the kitchen, including team training, menu planning and development, cost and quality control, according to the standards set by the Executive Chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all line cooks and kitchen hands are working according to the set protocols and procedures of the kitchen.
- Oversees the work of line cooks to ensure consistency, timeliness and alignment with hygiene and cross-contamination practices.
- Evaluate staffing needs along with coaching, hiring and discipline of staff
- Assists F&B Chef in cleanliness and safety compliance of the kitchen.
- Assists F&B Chef in training, mentorship and motivation of team members
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality, consistency and timeliness of products executed and delivered by the Culinary Team
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with team members
- Ensures all cooks follow proper plate presentation and garnish set for all dishes
- Assist F&B Chef with team member scheduling and labor management
- Responsible for following and enforcing restaurant policies regarding team members, and administering prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and violations of Casino policies, rules and procedures.
- Manages and enforces all applicable food service health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Attends all scheduled leadership meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to F&B Chef
- Assists F&B Chef in management of inventory levels and venue needs
- Assists F&B Chef with menu, specials and recipe development
- Assists F&B Chef with cost management, waste and re-appropriation of leftovers
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must pass initial drug screening, background investigation, random drug tests and credit check.
- Strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking
- Strong working knowledge of knives and knife skills, including a wide range of cutting and slicing techniques and butchering meats, fish and poultry.
- Strong working knowledge of kitchen equipment operation, maintenance, safety, and cleaning protocols.
- Strong familiarity with recipes and yields, and a keen sense for making adjustments if yields do not align.
- Ability to work across the line in all stations, as needed
- Familiarity with cost and inventory management
- Familiarity with food and market trends
- Comfort in training and motivating fellow team members
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Culinary Degree preferred OR working equivalent as follows: A minimum of 3 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter. AND, 1-2 years of Kitchen Management experience in a full-service, high-volume dining establishment. Must be willing to motivate and LEAD the team, exercising sound judgement and decision making in pressure situations.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and response to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public effectively and courteously.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Must have the ability to deal with problems, which may involve several concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to communicate effectively. The individual is also regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, stand, walk, sit, and use hand/eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the Casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. The Casino is a smoking environment, and the team member must be able to work in a smoke-filled atmosphere. The kitchen area can be warm and humid. Must be able to work in limited space.
This position requires availability to work on weekends and holidays.
Tyme Maidu of Berry Creek Rancheria Preference
Native American Preference
Gold Country Casino ResortOroville, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.