- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant, Administrative, provides administrative and clerical support to an assigned function or departments for Gold Coast Health Plan. This position requires specialized knowledge of the department or function supported, an intermediate level of skill, and an appropriate understanding of related processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Performs a variety of specialized tasks and services in support of a process, project team or function.
• Maintains electronic information and document databases.
• Updates and catalogs contracts and reference materials.
• Monitors office equipment and arranges for maintenance.
• Initiates, answers and directs telephone calls, takes messages and schedules meetings and appointments.
• Coordinates the flow of documents, both electronic and paper, between departments, customers, and subcontractors.
• Develops and maintains a variety of files, forms, records, logs, schedules, and lists.
• Handles incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence, including opening, reviewing, routing, and distributing.
• Enters or scans documents into department database, prepares and sends faxes and overnight packages.
• Organizes and maintains department files and records.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of
Study: Business Management preferred
Gold Coast Health Plan
Or, any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
4 plus years of experience in skilled office management, preferably in a similar industry or environment.
Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
Certifications & Licenses:
A valid and current California Driver's License and Insurance.
Notary Public commission and Certified Municipal Clerk designation desirable.
Department-level knowledge of business processes, terminology and activities of the function or program supported.
Knowledge of proper handling of highly sensitive and confidential information. Must handle assortment of different priorities in different functional areas.
Demonstrated competent level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy in organizing and maintaining records and files.
Excellent telephone skills, office etiquette and professional composure.
Ability and initiative to work within defined parameters, set priorities and meet deadlines in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
Ability to understand and carry out a variety of instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Office work environment.
Gold Coast Health Plan
BusinessView all jobs at Gold Coast Health Plan