We are a close-knit team of engineers with a core belief that together, we can solve ANY challenge that comes our way. We are looking for summer interns who are smart, team first players who are always looking to learn.
You can learn more about our culture, mission and perks here: https://www.goco.io/careers/
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will work within our engineering team on projects that can include:
- Front-End Development
- API Development
- Style guide development
- Third-Party Integrations such as Slack
- Agile Development Process Management
- Problem Solver - you are always looking to solve both technical and customer pain points.
- Curious - you enjoy learning new things and experimenting with new technologies.
- Driven - you either have experience developing or the desire to develop high-quality software.
- Diverse - you care about the team you work in and enjoy working with people from all different walks of life.
- Must be available three days a week for 8 hours a day from June 1 - August 7 for a total of 24 hrs a week.
- Paid internship $15/hour, minus applicable taxes and no benefits
Our Current Stack
- React.js Single Page Application, with Redux and Relay
- GraphQL API Server built on Ruby on Rails and Postgres
- React Native mobile app
- Heroku and AWS infrastructure
- CircleCI Continuous Integration
- Client and Server unit tests, plus full stack integration tests
- We sit together in close proximity to facilitate collaboration and pair programming
- We play light background music, and anyone can play the role of “Office DJ”
- If you need quiet space, we have private rooms to retreat to
- We like games: mini basketball, shuffleboard, and ping pong are staples
- Our campus has a relaxing lounge area, on-site gym, and plenty of places to walk and get food.
- Benefits and Perks
- Ongoing learning environment
- Free parking
- Additional perks. Casual dress code, in-office gaming systems, free snacks, company paid meals on Fridays, birthday lunches and snacks, free parking, and gym membership.
More reading, for your leisure
We’re a small tech-startup. We have an open culture driven by honesty, hard work, fun and creativity! Your contributions at GoCo will have a high impact on the business giving you great meaning to your work.
A normal work day at GoCo hardly feels like work at all. We love to push the limits utilizing the latest modern tech and take pride in delivering to our users a platform that is delightful, intuitive and beautiful.
Personal learning and growth is also a key ingredient to GoCo’s culture. Managers act as mentors helping guide each team member in achieving their goals. If you’re a passionate, hard-working person wanting to make a big impact in their workplace, then we’d be delighted to work with you!
GoCo has been named one of Houston's best places to work by Houston Business Journal - let us show you why.