Position: Home Health Staff Nurse
Location: Breathitt County Health Department (Jackson, KY)
Employment Status: Regular Full Time
Pay Rate: $20-$25/hr (based on experience)
Purpose: Provides basic preventive, therapeutic, restorative and intermittent skilled nursing services under close to moderate supervision to individuals in their place of residence.
- Conducts comprehensive initial nursing assessments, to obtain and document pertinent physical and psychological health status and history.
- Determines program eligibility, needed services and appropriate payer source and develops an individualized plan of care.
- Assesses pain management and completes review of medications.
- Assesses need for and use of health care equipment and technology.
- Provides intermittent skilled nursing services as ordered by a physician per the plan of care.
- Provide education to patients and caregivers when needed.
- Identifies health risks and implements risk reduction strategies for self and others according to agency policy.
- Conducts or participates in team meetings/case conferences to evaluate client’s response to care, need to alter the plan of care, need to add or discontinue a service or need to change payer status.
- Revises plan of care as needed.
- Completes documentation accurately and timely - submits appropriate reports as required.
- Provides ongoing supervision of home health aide services.
- Requires participation in rotating on- call scheduling.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Must have an unrestricted RN license in Kentucky or compact state or provisional license in Kentucky, meeting all requirements of KRS 314.041. Must maintain current RN Licensure in Kentucky or compact state. Must complete required annual updates. Must be organized, confident in skills, able to work independently and prioritize tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is spent in a home or agency setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / JOB HAZARDS:
- Current TB skin test indicating no evidence of communicable disease. Evidence of an annual tuberculin skin test must be forwarded to the Health Department. If prior positive skin test, the Contractor must provide evidence of being free of active tuberculosis or presently undergoing treatment, and every two (2) years have a chest x-ray.
- Possible contact with bodily fluids.
- Possible physical management (lifting, balancing, maneuvering).
- Evidence of current CPR certification shall be provided to the Health Department and Go-Hire.
- This position requires a clean drug screen prior to and randomly throughout employment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Background checks conducted prior to hire and updated annually.
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”
Work assignments may be funded in part or whole through Federal, CHFS and/or State funds