With a strong company culture, we’re well known in the industry for hiring the best in the construction industry. And though we’re proud to be a family-owned business, each one of our dedicated project managers, superintendents, project engineers, project coordinators, management staff, and support staff possesses an expert level of experience, enabling us to achieve excellence with each project we take on
Our company is recognized for its expertise in a diverse array of construction work, encompassing hospitality and commercial tenant improvement projects within the public and private sectors. Our full-service approach combines talented construction teams with dedicated managers who work together to meet client objectives efficiently and effectively.
We do prefer to have team members that are within a reasonable distance to our office in Escondido so please keep this in mind while applying
Construction Project Engineer Commerical Tenant improvement
A Project Engineer supports the PM & Superintendent in the office & field. Essential Functions of the job are as follows, but not limited to:
• Responsible for document control in the field, with subcontractors and internally including distribution, logging, printing and updating hard copies in the field.
• Responsible for obtaining & tracking all submittals and shop drawings from the subcontractor and providing review prior to submission to the Project Owner, consultants and us the GC. Including maintaining the submittal log and identifying long lead time items.
• Thorough understanding and reading ability of full contract set of plans.
• Organizes and distributes RFI’s to subcontractors.
• Responsible for maintaining the project library
• Responsible for maintaining the procurement log (PE to source materials and maintain log)
• Assembly and distribution of Monthly Construction Report
• Responsible for obtaining all close out documents as well as organizing and distribution.
• Maintains punch lists for site team.
• Solicits subcontractor bids for minor trades (i.e. final clean, mirrors, etc.)
• Send out weekly report of trade damage to subcontractors, including photos collected from the field.
• Maintains plan distribution log.
• Obtains & analyses supporting documentation for subcontractors change order requests.
• Assist PM in updating and maintaining project baseline and look ahead schedules.
• Permit procurement and coordination with governing agencies and utility companies.
• Coordination & scheduling of project meetings between PM and others.
• Assists with Job Site set up and tear down.
Requirements & Preferred Skills
• Three years’ experience as a Project Engineer on Commerical TI or similar type projects.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal and external partners.
• Critical thinking, judgment, decision-making, follow-up, social awareness, mathematics, reading, writing, organizational, timeliness, stress tolerance, communication (oral and written).
• Familiarity with Bluebeam
• Computer skills required: proficiency with Microsoft Office and iPad device.
• Computer skills preferred: proficiency with PM WEB or similar construction management programs.
• Education Minimum: High School degree or equivalent.
• Education Preferred: Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
• Preferred Certifications: 30 hour OSHA certification, PMI certification.
• Preferred Language skills: conversational Spanish.