Restaurant Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Manager will report to the President.
The Operations Manager position is a critical upper-level leadership and management role, responsible for the overall productivity and efficiency of Go Chicken Go, Inc. operations. These areas of operational responsibility include but not limited to direct supervision, training, and management of all Go Chicken Go restaurant employees. The Operations manager will report directly to the President but will ultimately have responsibility for all operations at restaurants.
Responsibility for Operations should be understood to include oversight and management of all day-to-day operations of business activities at store locations. This ultimately includes leadership of all human resources operating in each area of the business, direction and oversight of all operating methods, supervision of supply chain and inventory, managing proper execution of Health and Food Safety standards, and oversight of corporate expectations. This position is an in-store position with a hands-on approach operationally.
Responsibilities and Duties
· To assist in meeting or exceeding established sales, revenue, and profitability goals
· Assist in the management of all revenues, cash or credit and company collateral - properly deposited and accounted for and are secured into the Company's operating bank account
· Ensure the integrity and operational functionality of all POS and security systems and equipment
· Guide team members, both front of the house and back of the house staff, to meet established objectives
· Communicate with other management, crew, and customers, providing positive feedback and promoting a positive image of the restaurant and good Team Member morale
· Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of all positions at the restaurant, proficient in performing such duties, and through instruction and supervision, train other Team Members
· Trains staff in all proper restaurant procedures, including opening and closing procedures
· Ensure that the restaurant equipment is kept in satisfactory working order maintaining the highest degree of usability and cleanliness
· Obtains and maintains Food Handler Certification, if required
· Maintain safe working conditions as required by OSHA and federal, state, and local governing bodies
· Understands and complies with all Health and Safety requirements for restaurant operations
· Safeguards the Company assets, including funds, equipment, and the facility, taking appropriate action as and when necessary
· Assists in completing payroll as needed
· Cover and manage PTO time as needed
· Through communication with the General Manager and the HR Director, manages customer and staff incidents, accidents, injuries, and complaints in a timely and efficient manner
· Regularly interviews applicants for employment, assisting in making hiring decisions for the restaurant and regularly coaches and includes other managers in the process
· Effectively promotes Go Chicken Go outside the restaurant
· A High School Diploma
· Minimum five years' leadership experience in a service-oriented, hospitality industry such as hotel, resort, restaurant, retail, entertainment venue preferred
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Regularly works 50-55 hours per week
· Must hold a valid driver's license and drive for company business as required
· Regularly works in the back of the house, leading, training, teaching, and coaching
· Regularly works in the front of the house, leading, training, teaching and coaching service functions
· Knowledge of accounting and financial management principles with focus on budgeting and forecasting revenue goals and objectives
· Human Resources management skills in Team Member relations, recruiting and retention and Team Member recognition
· Ability to supervise and lead Team Members
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and determine task priorities
· Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent computer skills
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
· Must be able to frequently stand, walk, bend, squat, and reach above shoulder level
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
· Must be able to regularly lift/carry up to twenty pounds and occasionally lift/carry up to fifty pounds
· Must be able to do repetitive simple grasping, fine manipulation, and pushing & pulling on a frequent basis
· Must be able to tolerate temporary exposure to extreme temperatures and temperature changes
What started as a family business has remained family owned and operated for more than forty years. Today the restaurants continue to be owned by two of the Hendrix Boys, Bill and Mike, along with Mike’s daughter Andrea Lowe. The operations of the company are directed by Alex Lowe and other family members spend time managing the different restaurant locations and the corporate office. Several employees at the restaurants have been with the company since the beginning and have all become part of the family, their loyalty to the brand is a big reason for its success today.
Go Chicken GoWhy Work Here?
Come be part of a winning team! Great culture, benefits, and pay!!
Go Chicken Go started as a service station, Go Gas, located at 7th and Kansas Ave in Kansas City, Kansas. Go Gas was operated by Bill and Mary Hendrix who thought it would be a good idea to start selling fried chicken inside the gas station. The fried chicken, gizzards & livers soon became a huge hit and the gas pumps were removed, the name was changed, and Go Gas became the first Go Chicken Go in 1969. The original location was later relocated to the existing restaurant at 7th and Central in Kansas City. In the 1970’s, Bill and Mary with the help of their children, opened two other Go Chicken Go locations, one at 38th and Leavenworth Road next to the Milkhouse and another in the former Dees Hog House Building in the West Bottoms, both locations were later closed. In 1985 the Hendrix Boys, Bill, Mike and Dennis purchased the restaurant from their parents and through the years expanded the concept to five locations throughout the Kansas City area. What started as a family business has remained family owned and operated for more than forty years. Today the restaurants continue to be owned by two of the Hendrix Boys, Bill and Mike, along with Mike’s daughter Andrea Lowe. The operations of the company are directed by Alex Lowe and other family members spend time managing the different restaurant locations and the corporate office. Several employees at the restaurants have been with the company since the beginning and have all become part of the family, their loyalty to the brand is a big reason for its success today.
AddressKansas City, KS
FoodView all jobs at Go Chicken Go