Field Auto Damage Appraiser
Work for a fast growing, local company, GoAuto Insurance
· Completes quality appraisals of damaged vehicles to restore these vehicles to their pre-damage condition.
· Completes moderate to higher complexity claims within assigned authority limits consistent with company policy and legal requirements.
· Daily expectations include total loss opinions, auto repair shop and independent adjuster appraisal re-inspections, and supplemental appraisals.
· Provides best in class service to our internal and external customers.
· Provides technical and procedural assistance to other insurance professionals in relation to the claims appraisal process.
· May support the training and evaluation of those involved in the claims appraisal process.
- Using multiple software systems and claims best practices, prepares itemized appraisals indicating costs of parts, materials and labor necessary to restore damaged vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Submits appraisals promptly to claims personnel to expeditiously process claims.
- Provides technical advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinions on whether specific damage is related to a particular accident.
- Completes auto repair facility and independent re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- Resolves disagreements and negotiates with auto repair facilities, Independent Adjusters, claimants and policyholders.
- Evaluates claims for potential fraud or subrogation.
- Assists claims management in the resolution of complaints.
- Participates with the Supervisor in special assignments
- May assume managerial duties as needed.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requirements include extensive knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology and vehicle construction.
- Must possess complete knowledge of automated appraisal systems and understand overall claims operations.
- Requires strong negotiation and analytical skills, strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form. Bilingual – English and Spanish preferred.
- Licensing and certification are required.
- Knowledge of the CCC One estimating system is preferred.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Employee and Dependent life insurance