Office of Refugee Resettlement Case Coordinator - Portland Area
Glyph Language Services Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Glyph Language Services is currently seeking an energetic Social Work Case Coordinator with child welfare experience, case management and/or mental health professional experience, and bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English to fill positions in the Portland OR area serving child refugees with the Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).
Case Coordinators provide child welfare based recommendations on individual unaccompanied alien children of refugees (UAC) cases, particularly in the areas of family reunification, identification of children with special needs and development of corresponding recommendations, staffing cases, reviewing individual service planning, collaborating with care providers in providing community support and medical services, troubleshooting special or unique cases.
Case Coordinators will work collaboratively with the Federal Field Specialists and are responsible for implementing ORR policies and procedures; liaising with local immigration officials, non-profit agencies and legal service providers; providing guidance and direction to local care providers; making transfer and release decisions for UAC in their designated regions.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree or equivalent educational background with at least two years of demonstrated child welfare, case management, social service, and/or mental health professional experience or
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or equivalent educational background with at least seven years of demonstrated child welfare, social service, case management and/or mental health professional experience
- Experience working with immigrant, refugee, and underserved populations is preferred
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish (candidates must successfully pass a Spanish language test in reading/speaking/listening)
- Provide thorough case management, including but not limited to, tracking new client placement and progress, visiting local facilities and interviewing minor clients, facility staff, family members, and attorneys of record, making transfer suitability assessments and follow-up services determinations
- Participate in case reviews with facility staff on a weekly basis
- Provide third-party child welfare assessment of minor clients' cases
- Hold weekly meetings with the Federal Staff to discuss difficult cases
- Assist the Federal Staff in providing training/technical assistance
- Attend court hearings and communicates information to legal service providers working on Unaccompanied Alien Child (UAC)’s immigration cases
- Participate in area task force (coalition) meetings
- Keep records on the status of clients' cases including those awaiting travel arrangements
- Prepare written reports regarding progress and issues related to program trends
- Assist in identifying placement for children who age out at 18 years of age
- Excellent benefits - medical, dental, vision
- Competitive salary
Each hire will be provided
- Laptop, printer/scanner/fax machine
- Smart phone
- Office supplies for the year (including ink cartridges)
This a home-based position requiring travel within the Portland area. Currently, all work is performed entirely remotely due to pandemic-imposed limits on in-person contacts; however, eventually Case Coordinators will use their personal vehicles for travel and will be reimbursed at the Federal mileage reimbursement rate.
About Glyph Language Services
Glyph Language Services offers comprehensive translation and localization services for eLearning, web, corporate communications, software and multimedia projects. Glyph delivers language services that empower its clients to grow globally through a combination of strategic vision, industry-leading tools and practices, top-flight linguist talent, cultural savvy and a deep focus on customer needs. Glyph was founded in 2001 in Seattle, WA and is now based in Spokane, WA.
Glyph is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Glyph is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If this opportunity speaks to you, click Apply Now to complete an application and submit your current résumé/CV and cover letter outlining any relevant work experience and/or credentials that you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Powered by JazzHR
Glyph Language Services
HealthcareView all jobs at Glyph Language Services