At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything. We'd love to have you join us.Why We Need You
You make web products that people love, and we need you to help them fall in love with Glowforge.
Today, Glowforge.com is the destination for millions of folks, which means you’ll be creating something that millions will use to help them make a big decision. The choice to buy a Glowforge is not something we take lightly; your work will be grounded in empathy and consideration.
You’re an exceptional designer; you could work anywhere. We know that, but we think you’ll be happiest here. Instead of optimizing a platform to maximize paperclips or sell dystopian software, you’ll build the face of a major consumer product that actually does something good!Each Glowforge printer has the potential to change a life – or many, many lives. We think everyone should have access to that potential. And we think you’re the designer to make it happen. You can help millions of people discover a new way to create the things they care about, for the people they care about. Imagine what it will be like when everyone can turn their ideas into reality at the press of a button. They just need to see how. We think you're the one to show them.Here’s what you’ll be doing
You'll author an on-site experience that represents who we are, what we stand for, and the magic that we want to enable in the world. It’s your design work that epitomizes the Glowforge experience, and we need you to be the best version of ourselves.
You’ll be the principal designer (UX, UI AND Visual) for glowforge.com - partnering with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to ensure that customers love our product. This includes:
- Re-imagining glowforge.com, working closely with your colleagues to balance inspiration and effectiveness.
- Designing an astonishing amount of experiments. We’re constantly testing changes on glowforge.com, and you’ll get to advise, design, and then learn about the results of your work every day.
- Creating net-new experiences that are unique to Glowforge; how can we help more people experience Glowforge with just an online presence?
- At least 5 years of design experience, including at least one fast-paced startup or ecommerce company, plus a four-year degree or equivalent experience
- A history of creating beautiful and effective ecommerce experiences -Experience measuring and testing your designs against business metrics
- A breathtaking portfolio to share with us
- Worked on a growth or product marketing team.
- Experience in industrial, motion, and/or interactive design.
- A personal love of what we’re building.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.