Telecom Implementation Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Exciting 6 months + W2 Contract role in either Chicago, IL or Evansville, IN. Candidate can sit and work mostly remote but must be able to travel locally to Chicago or Evansville offices when required
There is the potential for contract to hire!
The Implementation Project Manager plays a vital role in ensuring quality and timely deliveries of our fiber solutions including dark fiber, Dedicated Internet Access, Point to Point, and Point to Multi-point circuits.
Description: The Implementation Project Manager plays a vital role in ensuring quality and timely deliveries of our fiber solutions including dark fiber, Dedicated Internet Access, Point to Point, and Point to Multi-point circuits A project manager possesses a solid knowledge base in project management including the initiation, planning, execution, control and closeout of projects. Able to work with various project team members and act as a problem solver by providing workable solutions to keep projects on time and within the project budget. This position is responsible for customer relationship management, reviewing & confirming statements of work, schedules, and costs, allocation of resources, management of budgets and consulting with other stakeholders on issues.
- Absolutely must have skills:
- Software: Microsoft suite
- Business processes: Project Management
- Interpersonal: Customer facing PM experience
- Technical: General Telecom
- Work Schedule and number of hours expected each week: M-F full time.
- Specific experience: Telecom Project Management
- Managing all aspects of the enterprise installation from contract to customer acceptance. The project manager will be the customer's single point of contact throughout the process and be responsible for providing consistent customer updates.
- Ensuring all aspects of the fiber build conforms to the quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, and NEC, etc ; as well as following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook)
- Coordinating with internal resources to ensure the client's services are implemented in a manner that meets the customer's needs and expectations. These stakeholders can include Sales, Sales Engineering, Outside Plant Construction, Network Engineering, NOC, Billing, and Business Solutions
- Driving specific project elements with external customers, building owners and permitting agencies
- Reporting the project financial variances as identified by Construction Managers, estimates versus actual for the duration of the project
- Managing the project schedule to keep critical activities on track and develop recovery plans to offset delays
- Owning project close out, including coordinating with Billing to ensure the customer's bill is successfully activated with the products and services they have ordered, working with the Construction Managers to ensure all documentation is recorded in our fiber asset management system and ensuring the NOC has the technical contact information and engineering package from the field.
- Responsible for providing weekly updates on key milestones.
- Promotes all Company services
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree -OR- 4+ years' professional work experience.
- 5+ years' direct customer service experience.
- Previous experience in telecommunications Project Management.
- Demonstrated planning skills and a proven ability to lead teams in a multi-project environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Organizational and Planning Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills (RT, Sugar, Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, Access, Power Point, Adobe, Mapping Tools, Google Earth).
- Working Knowledge of enterprise data networks including routers and switches
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies.
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Valid driver's license.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Auto insurance.
- Some work may be performed near power lines and electricity.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM, PMP) or compatible Project Management Training.
- 7+ years' Telcom Project Management.
Glotel IncWhy Work Here?
We're a WBE technology staffing and services provider delivering innovative solutions!
Founded in 1989, Glotel opened its doors as a services and staffing provider. Today, Glotel has evolved into a niche brand operating at the intersection of IT, engineering and communications to optimize our clients needs and solutions.