Must have 5+ years as a RF Engineer or related position and 3+ years hands-on iBwave design experience
The South Venue Team (SVT) RF Engineer Contractor will be responsible for system design and planning for indoor DAS and Small Cell projects in strategic venues across T-Mobile’s licensed coverage area. The SVT RF Engineer Contractor will develop coverage and capacity solutions to deliver superior customer experiences for a variety of locations such as sports venues, shopping malls, hospitality and convention centers, hospitals, universities, office spaces, and transit systems. Solutions will include location assessment, requirements gathering, RF design, technology selection, implementation, integration, and optimization. The SVT RF Engineer Contractor will interface with national and regional engineering teams, field operations, third party DAS providers, development teams, and venue owners.
The SVT RF Engineer Contractor must use creativity and sound judgment to provide the proper design and optimization of the portion of the network assigned to them. The SVT RF Engineer Contractor also has flexibility in managing their workflow on a daily basis. They need to use their discretion on how much time to spend on a task based on the priority set by management. They must have the ability to interface with cross-functional team members to gain the support required to accomplish their assignments.
Must currently possess green card or be a US Citizen.
Minimum Required Skills / Competencies:
* Must have recent DAS Design and optimization experience, prefer DAS commissioning experience as well.
* Expert understanding of indoor RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory.
* Experience with various active DAS OEMs
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Moderate MapInfo skills
* Driving record is within company compliance
* Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.
Education and Experience
* 5+ years as a RF Engineer or related position
* 3+ years hands-on iBwave design experience required
* BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent work experience required
* Wireless Industry Experience preferred
* iBwave certification preferred
* DAS vendor certification(s) preferred