Principal Technical Support Engineer - OSE (Bolling AFB)
Our client is continuing to grow & our Support Services Team is expanding! We are currently seeking an On-site Support Engineer to work in this fast-paced technology environment with world-class engineers and customers on cutting-edge technologies.
Primary responsibility is to ensure that the customer always has access to the critical data to support their business objectives. A very broad knowledge and a love for learning is required for this position from server and OS support, through multi-tiered application understanding, voice/video, VMware, Cloud, security and big data.
Self-motivation is required as this is a very proactive position but you must also have proven success working as part of a team. If you're eager to apply your talent and drive, you will quickly discover that you can make a difference. Help us grow our team, the business and your customers business.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex network and product issues
- Interface with our world-class support, development and SQA teams to identify and to resolve product issues
- Utilizing client's Knowledge Management database, research & develop technical tips and solutions
- Advise customer on network management best practices using client's product suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Network Security or equivalent discipline
- Minimum of 7 years in network management supporting external customers
- 2 plus years in critical and managed customer care
- Proven expertise in customer relationship and management
- Network Management experience in environment preferred
- Experience working remotely, but cooperatively with HQ
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex network problems
- Cisco Certification (CCNA minimum, CCNP preferred)
- Linux Certification (RHTC minimum)
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating system environments
- Ability to write technical articles outlining problems resolution and troubleshooting steps contribute knowledge to the knowledge base)
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25% -Project Management Certification a plus (PMP) -Server Hardware Support Certification a plus (Dell DOSD)
- VMware Certification a plus
- TS/SCI Clearance Required
Active TS/SCI Clearance Required