Network Engineer - Cisco
Successful candidate will be responsible for the design, configuration, installation, operation, tuning, troubleshooting, and documentation of data communications equipment across a national data infrastructure. Networking equipment consists of both on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
Participate in other projects for the Infrastructure and Operations team, particularly projects involving Amazon Web Services, Information Security, PCI compliance, and VoIP.
This position includes on-call duties and may require a small amount of travel.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security leader
- Authoring documentation and diagrams
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Current CCNP certification with Cisco-based routing, switching & firewalls; verification required (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Experience managing storage networks
- Experience with a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services or M.S. Azure
- Experience desired with Linux operating systems
- Experience with Fortigate Firewalls required
- 8+ years of experience in selecting, design engineering, solution engineering, project engineering, integrating, and implementing Cisco network architecture and related technologies
- Demonstrated effective decision making that had significant impact on technology direction and related business results
- 8+ years of experience in providing consulting to senior management on the use and selection of these technologies