Logistics Handler - Warehouse Associate
The warehouse specialist processes orders, accepts deliveries, and keeps the warehouse organized, which includes everything from physically moving product around the warehouse space to properly maintaining all shipping and receiving records.
- High school degree or an equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Must have been previously certified to operate a forklift
- Must have experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and other inventory management software used by the company
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Receives customer and client orders.
- Packs and ships orders for delivery.
- Inspects all orders being received and shipped, checking for damage, defective parts, and missing items.
- Reports and returns damaged product.
- Operates forklift or other machinery required for transporting large orders and heavy products.
- Keeps warehouse area clean and organized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of warehousing techniques.
- Knowledge of standard warehouse or stockroom practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the proper way to stock shelves
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Skilled in using computer and basic application software used in warehouse operations.
- Skilled in using common warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication.
- Skilled in following written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintains physical stamina and strength required to move heavy equipment and product weighing up to 75 pounds