We are looking for LEAD/Level 4 Central Office Installers all over United States, who are technically sound in all central office and data center work operations and must have experience managing a team of installation technicians.
- Strong leadership qualities are a must.
- Should have familiarity with current transport devices and their principals such as DWDM, CWDM, ROADM’s, etc.
- The Lead Installer should have a clear understanding of all Installation and Quality Standards contained in GR-1275 and NSTD119 Standards.
- This is a Road Warrior role - requires extensive travel throughout the US (90% - 100%).
- Candidates must be located near major airports.
- Contract to perm opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with minimum supervision and be certified in Skill levels 1, 2, and 3
· Advise and mentor installers on the team
· Input job status, issues and requests and all expense-related information into the Project Management platform.
· Reconcile materials for sales order using web based inventory control forms
· Understand the scope of work and customer expectations as well as the profitability objectives and timeframes.
· Work closely with the Lead Installer and Installation Supervisor or Project Manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Understand the scope of work of the job as well as the efficiency expectations given by the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager.
· Interface directly with the Lead Installer, Installation Supervisor or Project Manager, and Engineering Department to resolve any order issues. Correct job specifications, drawings, documentation and record all changes in the Project Management platform.
· Maintain tools assigned to the job as well as monitor tool calibration requirements
· Perform hardware testing, such as power verification, device provisioning and system tests.
· Responsible for all work meeting all customer standards.
· Meet or exceed customer and internal documented acceptable levels of quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Level 4 installer should have minimum 5 years Data Center/PoP/CO installation experience.
· Should have good knowledge of optical routing equipment installations
· Should have good knowledge of fiber optic cable installation & testing practices
· Should have good knowledge of AC/DC power
· Should have good knowledge of infrastructure installation work (equipment racks, cable racks and fiber duct etc.)
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet; must be adept at learning different computer programs and business systems.
· Test equipment, tools and materials used in construction, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems and equipment.